• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Top end rebuild

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for a good mechanic that will do a top-end rebuild on my 2000 KLR650. Has low compression verified by multiple shops. Can't find a decent priced and/or trustworthy mechanic in Killeen. I'm willing to drive a couple hours.

I'd like to do the 685 kit since cylinder probably needs to be machined anyway. Thanks for any help! Ben

IMG_2200_zpsdyz0lsx7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Check your other thread. I have your mechanic located just down the road. Can even help get it there for you if needed. KP

The Kawaski dealership you took that pic at is just up the road from me. Please bring my prize by my work for guessing the location of said KLR.:deal:

Kudos for your attention to detail! Not a fan of that shop. I've already PM'd him. Thanks so much!

I dropped it off at Marquez Racing on Monday...I feel good about it. Should be ready in 3 weeks depending on parts and all that could be wrong. Thx, ben

Back