• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Tag-O-Rama!

Ok here is new one.
4DF5E5A0-02F0-4A24-8A8A-C85359E9251B_zpsxshftc7j.jpg
Is it too early to ask for a hint?

Ok I waited long enough.
0283A7E2-61CC-49FB-9E00-2DE412A717EE_zpsmfgnybio.jpg
It is a picture of Rich's bike in parking spot 146 of the Texas and Pacific lofts parking lot looking across to the Haynes memorial triangle. DESCRIPTION The monument itself dates from 1893 but the original marble bust was replaced in 1934 by a bronze one sculpted by Evaline Sellors as a PWAP project. The curbing (reflecting pool) around the Al Hayne Monument is a CWA project: “The marble bust of Al Hayne, carved by Lloyd Bowman, was removed due to extreme deterioration, according to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram article from June, 1934. (Note: this is at odds with a Fort Worth oral tradition which holds that the Hayne bust was stolen). Fort Worth sculptor Evaline Sellors received a commission from the federally-funded Public Works of Art Project to sculpt a replacement bust and have it cast in bronze. Work on relocating and restoring the Hayne memorial began on June 27, 1934 according to the Fort Worth Press. The bronze bust of Al Hayne, fresh from a New York foundry, was installed in September… By1934, the monument was no longer a working fountain. Presumably, with no practical need to reconstruct either the original and second basins, both were lost during the relocation of the monument. Instead, a new concrete ring was added to the perimeter in order to create a small reflecting pool. The separate and larger reflecting pool built in the center of the Hayne triangle in 1934 was also bordered by a concrete ring. Both circular concrete borders are largely intact. Accounts of the 1934 project do not indicate whether the monument was completely replumbed, or how water was supplied to both the monument and the larger pool, but 1949 photographs confirm that water still flowed from the gargoyle on the north face.” (http://www.fwpublicart.org) Al Hayne was labeled the hero of the Texas Spring Palace fire of May 1890, during the fire when everyone else ran he went back in multiple times to rescue people receiving severe burns he died several days later the only fatality of the fire.

Last edited:
I am working on it, didn't have enough time to move it to Keller before work, will have to do it after work.

Leon, to clarify, I wasn't prodding you to get the next tag, just saying you were good not to have waited to get Rich's tag of the fountain. But the night tag is neat.

Well, I really thought the gazebo, grassy town square area and police station in background might be recognizable to many as the road that goes right by this is traveled by many bikers and actually appears as a suggested scenic route in a motorcycling map and also other places-to-ride type listings/sites.

Did not want to give away too much too early but look again.

Last edited:
The town name is on the building facing the camera. Do you need more clue than that? :lol2:

In the original picture I posted, the name on building was blurred out as that would make it too easy and I know this road is well traveled by bikers so someone would surely recognize it. When the other poster asked about a clue, I edited picture removing the blur. That is why I told him to "look again" in later post as now there would be something to assist.

In the original picture I posted, the name on building was blurred out as that would make it too easy and I know this road is well traveled by bikers so someone would surely recognize it. When the other poster asked about a clue, I edited picture removing the blur. That is why I told him to "look again" in later post as now there would be something to assist.

Yeah, that would have been very tough to id without the name!

Except the name is on the popo car....

Your computer is better than mine. I took the pic and can't even zoom in and make the name out on popo car but I digress (lol). I want to go visit that feed store. That looks like a pretty kick-A place to shop or just go in and look around.

Back