• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 MexTrek #8, Oct 20th - 23rd 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter: I should be signed up already. I asked u to apply my $20 from June to October. Cheers, Wade (wader50) I'm in for the full week.

I am in for this one and some of the after party. Money sent

I kept it far enough on the north side of the Huasteca region that it is a one day ride back to Mission, but not an easy or short one. Sorry all you early returning guys!!!

Staying in Galeana till Tuesday so anyone coming late from Austin who wanted to attend F1 or Harvest Classic Oct 19th and 20th can cross on Monday and still have a 7 day trip. You're welcome F1 HC guys (Vinny)!!!

I kept it on the southern end of the Galeana area so the guys heading to Guanajuato on Friday would be within a 1 day reach. You're welcome Stevie!!!

Compromises, all compromises. But the more friends who can make the ride, the better!

Last edited:
Updated attendance list on post 2 or 3. If you aren't going to make it please send me a pm, email, text, or whatsapp please!!!!

Thanks all, one month, give or take!

P

Any one in the DFW area heading that way? I’m heading to Mission the early Friday 19th and don’t have to be back to work tell the Tuesday 30th.
I have a small trailer for 2 bikes or a larger trailer, if not I’ll hitch-haul it.

I’m trying to get my TVIP online and where it asks “point of entry”...what do I put here? Puente internacional azulda is no longer an option. Did they rename this pointy of entry?

Never mind... it’s now listed Anzalduas Reynosa

be careful with dates when getting a tvip online. If getting a 7 day permit get the full 7 days. If 180 day, get the full 180 day. Online...if you tell them you are leaving after 4 days they will shorten a 7 day to 4, and if you have issues and come back on say day 5, you'll have issues with deposit.

TVIP valid period is tied to the valid period of the tourist visa. So for example, you may hold a TVIP with a 180 day valid period on it. Doesn't matter what is printed on the TVIP, it's only valid for the period the owner has a valid tourist visa for.

In other words, pay attention to both documents. They are tied to each other.

Do I still have time to join this trip?
How much does it cost the Hotel in Galeana?

Last edited:
I notified Peter via the group app, but I'm out this go around.

Have fun.

Staton

This sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe when I’m more experienced and have the right bike I’ll join you guys. Plus you guys might use my native Spanish (I’m from that area).

Whoever that is riding wide open across that field in the video is the man! Sweet video

Ladies and gents, considering doing this trip, would be my first time.

Couple of questions:

1) What is the temp range we should expect for this trip?
2) I have a sena 20s, do I just need a cable to connect it to the BF-F9 V2 ? Or it's more sophisticated than that? Didnt quite understand from reading the posts above.
3) Is anyone riding from Houston, if so can I join you?

Sorry if I missed the info above!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back