• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRC Edge LED taillight...DRZ400

I know from watching cars with really fast blinkers, its hard to see that they are blinking if they go to fast.

does look much better then stock :thumb:

I am considering getting one of those for my DRZ, but haven't bit the bullet on the price yet. How much did that cost you, turn signals included?

You should be able to eliminate the "fast" blinking with a
"variable" flasher relay , available through just about any
local auto parts store ( Autozone, O'Reilly etc. )

jsb223 said:
about $100 shipped...

several turn signal styles available...

Hmm... Maybe I'll keep the stockers and just get the tail light. :)

also check out http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/index.shtml

The guy's name is Forrest and he is absolutely fantastic! He ships your stuff out next day and has the best prices I have seen anywhere. He is always willing to help you with any questions by email or phone as well.

One time when I was looking for a particular item, he offered to order a custom one, just for me:clap: He also often throws in some extra free stuff in your package:eat:

He's got the Edge, Edge 2, IC relays, many LED flashers to choose from, and mounts.

If you decide to get the Edge... get the original Edge, not the Edge 2. The first Edge was made specifically for the DRZ400 and fits perfectly!!!

The Edge 2 is more of a universal tail light and takes a little work to get fit properly.

ppar said:
also check out http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/index.shtml

The guy's name is Forrest and he is absolutely fantastic! He ships your stuff out next day and has the best prices I have seen anywhere. He is always willing to help you with any questions by email or phone as well.

Yeah, the ThumperTalk people all praise Forrest, but it's just biting the bullet for a $50 tail light that is going to be difficult for me. I never realized that mods could be so expensive... All the stuff I did to the GS I got used and adapted for real cheap. The most I spent on it was for case guards ($125) and the next most expensive were fork springs at $115.

The DR-Z people push the $700 exhaust, $500 carb, $100 tail light and signals, etc. I only wish I could afford that sort of stuff.

I hear you on the prices of all the mods:giveup:

I have done this one to my drz however and think it was money well spent. It makes the bike look 1000x better. Who knows what Suzuki was thinking when they put that big hunk of plastic on the bike and called it a rear tail light.

Probably pulled the same DOT approved light they had used on every dual sport, and told the accountants "YOU WIN!"

alpha, Let's meet up sometime and you can check it out on my bike in person... I think that way it will make your decision a little easier.

AlphaFire X5 said:
...it's just biting the bullet for a $50 tail light that is going to be difficult for me.
Where'd you see it for $50?!

You might also surf fleaBay for LED takeoffs from later sportbikes -- intact ones won't be much cheaper, but broken mounts might not be a concern for your application. Dare to be different! Resist the hegemony of DRZ mods! :mrgreen:

(...said the guy with DRC/FCR/RS3/Hotcams/EbaseGasket) :doh:

Alright, thanks to DancesWithCurves, I bit the bullet on the DRC Edge tail light for $50 shipped.

Thanks a lot guys! :lol:

I hope you got it from langstonracing... all DRC products are 25% off right now...

ppar said:
I hope you got it from langstonracing... all DRC products are 25% off right now...

Bingo. Wheeling Cycle Supply charges $60 + shipping, so it is kinda hard to pass up $42 + shipping from Langston.

I also bit the bullet and ordered up some new tires (Continental ContiForce Supermotard).

I'll do pics and the like in my other thread ("I am retarded...")

nice!!! just wanted to make sure... while you could still cancel the order...

I could have saved you the shipping as I just ordered Zeta 3-finger pivot levers, Zeta armor guards and XC flasher handguards from langstonracing yesterday as well!!!!

oh well... We definitely need to meet up sometime soon. It's not often you find someone smart enough to ride a DRZ MOTARD:rider:

oh... and once you put the edge on... you're going to definitely wish you had gotten the flashers to go with it:lol2:

Just finished installing the Edge tail light on my DRZ400. Looks way better.:trust: The TX plate holes didn't match up so I am working on that. I did not install the relay to correct the flasher speed, but they are not all that fast anyway.

IMG_1099-1.jpg

IMG_1097-1.jpg

Back