• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ouachita mountains hotel?

brg

Reaction score
I was planning a fall trip to the Ouachita mountains (Arkansas) and wanted to ask if anyone had a good suggestion for where to stay. My plan is to stay for 1-2 days. Thanks!

If you want to go as far north as the Arkansas/Missouri area, the Carlton-Marion Inn in Yellville is locally-owned, clean, affordable and motorcycle friendly. Beautiful country with terrific rides. Maybe best of all, Push Mountain is right down the road.
http://carltonmarioninn.com/contactus.html

Also up north is The Hub, reasonably priced and very motorcycle friendly. It's right smack in the middle of some great roads.

The Hub is more in the Ozarks than the Ouachitas but I stayed there last year and do agree. I'll be staying there again the end of the month and will try to shoot for a Friday or Saturday... Prime Rib night... :eat:

American Inn in Poteau OK. Two years ago we got stuck near the Talimena Hwy due to a trailer breakdown. We ended up in Poteau because that's where the RV dealer was. The American Inn (interesting name because it was run by Indians) was clean, comfortable, offered free wi-fi, and cost $48 + tax. We were very pleased.

Magazine Mtn is a great place to stay, million dollar views, nice restaurant, I recommend it

This is where I stayed the last time I was in the Ouachitas :D

IMG_0656-M.jpg

I stayed in Mena at the Limetree In. Several weeks ago . $58 a nite restaurant on site .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed in Mena at the Limetree In. Several weeks ago . $58 a nite restaurant on site .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats where I stayed when I went. And Sonic is right across the street.

What about Talihina? Anybody ever stay there? Looks like 2 motels according to Google, any idea what is better?

Three actually, all small town typical motels, stayed in all but like the Rockin H the best.

Thanks. Going up on the weekend of the 17-18. Haven't stayed anywhere up there before.

Anybody got an update on motels in Talihina and in Northwest/central Arkansas? Going up the second weekend in October for 4 days.

Kinda thinking it might be nice to scoot up to Talihina after work and do Talimena drive first thing the next morning before pointing it North

Back