• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Origin of FARKLE

I like the way folks are farkling up this thread, making it functional and sparkly. :-P

Here is the f word poster child. This defines the meaning of that word perfectly to me.

rWM3m32QNypt8dQpxQs9_12P805MkqjRXE6i0eRpja6Jud2rL5lbJQx6njVWVZdGlVY=h310-rw

_

I don't know where it came from but I would like for it to go back there and lock the door behind it.

I hate that word. It is over used and non descriptive, spanning the entire spectrum of add-ons and modifications (comfort, cosmetic, performance & protection). Anybody that catches me using it has a free pass to slap me. Seriously!!

I would also be willing to pony up a one time site donation specifically for permanent addition of it to the TWT word filter list. It's just another f word to me.

_

let me see if I got this right.
you want to add a word to the filter list you spell around so others will have to spell around it?:scratch:

let me see if I got this right.
you want to add a word to the filter list you spell around so others will have to spell around it?:scratch:

No add it to the filter list so it can no longer be used. You're not permitted to spell around a banned word or else your word will get edited out and you'll get one of these:
Last edited by XXX; 11-15-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling around a filter

:giveup:

_

G****, what's so bad about f*****, I mean h***, my g**** is f***** to the m***. Know what I mean, b**, It's almost v****. We c***?

What if I am talking about the dice game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farkle

That's where I first heard it back in the early '80s. Some friends from Oklahoma liked to play a dice game called Farkle.

Also, there was the Famous Farkle Family back the early '70s on Laugh In:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_MT8iHbLcc"]Farkle Family - Wally Cox - YouTube[/ame]

Back in the early 80s my ex was a serious farkle player. We passed a lot of time playing that game. (And yes, she was from Oklahoma.)

As for pet peeves, mine is the use of the words "brother" and "inmate" when speaking about other riders. Someone isn't a brother simply because of their choice of transportation and especially so if the brother sees some nobility in having been in prison.

This is Farkle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416175330391.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416175330391.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 143
it originated on the west coast. 'dude, why the farkle did you stick that dealybop onto your ride??'

Back