• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lonestar BMW Holiday Party - 2014

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Was in Lonestar the other day getting some parts and noticed the sign for their Annual Christmas shindig scheduled for Dec 13, 10am-4pm. SmokinWillys BBQ again.... I wonder how well attended this will be under new ownership....

3f9e2947ff8d196d4cc274ea3cf95819.jpg

Well, if they hired Smoking Willies.....gotta give them A for effort?! Seems they are trying? :shrug: :sun:

I'm going to put in on the schedule. if we want the new ownership to build a relationship with the customers anything like the previous owners, we need to go and get to know them.

I'm going to put in on the schedule. if we want the new ownership to build a relationship with the customers anything like the previous owners, we need to go and get to know them.

I'll be going. Though I guess technically the business name is now BMW Motorcycles of Austin. I'm gonna miss CC's home baked goods. :eat:

Without doubt, it's on my schedule too.... In fact, I'd really like to meet the new guys and try to get a sense from them of what we have come to expect from that dealer option. That will drive future business.

I do have to say that Matt Tedtaotao (the guy with the cool handlebar 'stash) has been absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. Done business with him twice now and I'm comfortable so far in that respect.

Please post up your impressions. After my first encounter with BMW of Austin last month I've been giving the Houston dealers a chance and so far have been met with an unparalleled level of mediocrity.

I have some warranty work to do and still trying to schedule to get my bike in.:doh:

Dang. I'm hanging out in Gruene that weekend so won't make it.

I'm sure they're monitoring and know they have some awfully big shoes to fill with respect to the atmosphere we previously enjoyed.

Well, I suppose I'll mosey over that way here in a short bit and see what's kicking.....

Nothing but great experiences here so far with sales, service, and parts. I'll be there. :rider:
I'm actually shocked to hear this. I really do hope the trend continues when they move things over to IH35. I'd pretty much figured on Bike Bandit from here out, but I much prefer the convenience of picking things up local when I can.

Got there a bit late, met the sales manager.....ate some good sausage and sweet tea...and got to see/hear a VERY cool old BSA leave...:sun:

I'm actually shocked to hear this. I really do hope the trend continues when they move things over to IH35. I'd pretty much figured on Bike Bandit from here out, but I much prefer the convenience of picking things up local when I can.
Great event! Also the first I've been to, so I can't compare it to previous years. Picked up a few more goodies. Ask for Matt Tedtaotao in parts, he takes great care of us! He's the little guy the big mustache. ;-)

Got there a bit late, met the sales manager.....ate some good sausage and sweet tea...and got to see/hear a VERY cool old BSA leave...:sun:

What! I missed you? I left about 2 or so. Had a nice time visiting with old friends.
Fuzzy Face

Great event! Also the first I've been to, so I can't compare it to previous years. Picked up a few more goodies. Ask for Matt Tedtaotao in parts, he takes great care of us! He's the little guy the big mustache. ;-)

Matt is very good. Doesn't have the deep knowledge of Jessica but still he's very good and very customer oriented.

I made it too, sorry to have missed Mark and Mike.
Enjoyed a good lunch and chatting with friends.

Well, it was a good time. Somewhat smaller turn out, but because of the change I kind of expected that. Sorry to miss Mark and Mike. Mark, by the time you got there Camilo, Scott, Robert and I were at the after party at Ken's having coffee.

My wife went with me this year. We both enjoyed ourselves. The food was good also. I agree the turnout was smaller than one's in the past, but that made it easier to find a place to park. Everyone I met seemed to be enjoying the event. I found the staff very friendly and willing to chat about anything I wanted to talk about. As I was leaving a fellow walked over to hand me his business card. It was Cusin Bob. Seemed like a nice fellow. I will have to run by his shop sometime.

Back