• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas Dual Sport rides

Reaction score
Heading out with my wife the week of Thanksgiving. We're from the Houston area and haven't ridden a lot since moving to TX a couple years ago. Looking for advise on some good dual sport (combo of dirt and pavement - prefer more dirt than pavement if possible) in the East Texas/Piney Woods area. We camped at Lake Sam Rayburn about a year ago and fell in love with the area. It is so beautiful. Does anyone have any advise on day trips in/around the general area? I've read online about some rides in the Moscow area which would be fine but I didn't see any route maps, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really beautiful part of the state and we're looking forward to doing some riding there.

Subbed.

What's your email, I'll send you a 150mi loop around Buffalo TX. It's got some good dirt

The KTM is in need of being ridden, but I need to mount a new rear tire first.

I am off the weekend of the 19th... :ponder:

Do we have a files on twt to add the gpx files to.

Do you mean a forum specifically dedicated to sharing GPX files?

the closest thing we have to that is the Roads & Routes subforum

General Discussion -> Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events -> Ride/Trip Planning Info -> Roads & Routes

Link to Roads & Routes forum
http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

That would work. I was thinking about my old CT90 Yahoo list forum. It had the posts and another area for "files". You would do there to get the wiring diagrams. Another file might be spark plug numbers for all brands that work. You browse them in list format and click and it opens like a word doc.

I would like to see a list of rides, click and you download the GPS files. Best case is if that TWT section has a list of rides, you click and on the first post is the actual GPS download. I have seen many that had it on post 35 and another entirely different on say, post 55.

Better if it was just a list of files to download.

Better if it was just a list of files to download.

That requires VERY active moderation...

Perhaps I could create a subforum specifically called GPX Depot or something and try to get people to put their files in the first post. But even if I post a sticky thread explaining this, no one will read it, and they will just do what they want anyway. I've learned that from experience ;-)

Some of the best files get lost deep in the threads. I just remembered the spreadsheet on small lightweight DS bikes that PhillipBarrett posted earlier this year. I can remember who and what but finding it is another matter.

I'm good with what we have, just wondering if there was a way.

Kind of new to riding and forums. Been scrolling around here for a few months. I ride a Gen1 KLR, live in Houston and would enjoy some company to ride with and/or some good DS roads. My name's Trevor. Email is trevorjones.tex@gmail.com

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Tourmeister - I ran a website for over 15 years and understand what you mean about active moderation.
However, I am interested in the same thing, I would like to see a forum thread with nothing but GPX files and maps.

Back