• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cylinder head work in Dallas, McKinney area

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Okay peeps, my daughter has a burnt out intake valve on her CRF250X, I have ordered a full set of kibblewhite black diamond valves, but am looking for a good engineering shop in the Dallas, McKinney, DFW area that can drop the old valves, recut the damaged seat, grind in the new valves and refit the valve springs and collets. I usually do all my own work but I don't have valve compressors or seat cutting gear for valves this small, so just want to give it to a reputable workshop. Any recommendations?

Regards Gary

Not close to you but TH Racing does this type stuff

I am taking my head with a bent valve + replacement to a Honda mower shop in Plano on Central. It's been a year or two but last time I did a bore and valve job on a CT90 (single), it was around $100 and the work was top notch. I think it is called Plano Power Equipment.

This will be the 4th or 5th time for these kind of services and all are doing well.

Edit: It can take a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
thanks guys, I had a crf450 head repaired by Maxim Honda in Plano and they assembled it incorrectly (mixed up collets from different sized valves, preventing the spring retainer to sit correctly) so want to find a good place this time. thanks for the suggestions.

Gary

Back