• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Admore Lighting Legal?

Tesla

Reaction score
First Name
Barry
About to order the Admore Lighting kit to my Givi E-52 topcase. Does anyone know if this lighting system is legal Texas?

Barry

I just installed one on my wife's E52 for her scooter. The lights echo the existing lights on the rear of the scoot. What makes you think that it is illegal?

left_signal_5554q.jpg

This disclaimer from Admore Lighting's website:

"We make no guarantee that the LED Light Kit is legal for street use in your area. You should never rely on your LED Light Kit alone - always ensure that your stock brake light and turn signals are functioning properly. The LED Light Kit is intended to complement your bike's original safety lights for added safety."

Thanks for your reply Gilk, you've responded to my other posts as well. One of the reasons I became a supporter of twtex.com is because I've received some good information from you and others. Also this site helped me sell a bike.

Can we open our Givi monokey cases without the key? Does the Admore lights burn brighter than the Givi lights?

Search for the threads on modulators. Buried in one of last ones is a discussion about flashing brake lights quotes the laws and has an email resonse from DPS on the subject. I'll look for it when I get a moment.

This disclaimer from Admore Lighting's website:

Interesting. I wonder what would make them disclaim that? Maybe that the signals are red and not amber? :shrug:

It would be interesting to find out what states/counties/municipalities do not allow them and why.

Can we open our Givi monokey cases without the key? Does the Admore lights burn brighter than the Givi lights?

I think you have to have a key - It's the wife's top case, so I don't know if there is any way.

She did some research on the top case lighting options and liked what she found on the Admore better. I have to agree with her choice - it definitely lights up the rear of her scoot - something that was sorely lacking in the tail and brake lights.

I had gotten a Givi light kit previously for another case (different scoot) and was disappointed in the light output. I replaced the light modules with a generic hyper-light kit instead.

Last edited:
Back