• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crooked Creek Feb 6 & 7

Thanks, James. I plan to ride Saturday afternoon, camp Sat night and ride a little more Sun morning.

Anybody checked on conditions? I'm expecting a few muddy spots but not an ATV paradise.

JBay and Big A, we rode together last year. I'm on a slightly clapped-out CRF 250X. I'm working out the details for a Sunday ride, arriving around 9:00. Same clapped-out Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may show up Sunday with the wife and tater tot.
Ive been needing to get out and get the bike on some trails bad lately anywho.
Good time to meet some new faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try and make it Saturday (tomorrow).

IT'S BEEN A WHILE!:mrgreen:

I'm going to try and make it Saturday (tomorrow).

IT'S BEEN A WHILE!:mrgreen:

Mike,

Good to see you back on the horse. Did you recover your original Versys or did insurance total it?

See ya,

RB

Mike,

Good to see you back on the horse. Did you recover your original Versys or did insurance total it?

See ya,

RB

Versys was totaled. :thumbd:

I'm still healing, shoulder and left arm are weak. Been itching to ride, so I'll see how I do at Crooked Creek. I'm prepared to tire out early.

Coming out Saturday after lunch for the afternoon! Sprinkling now, so it should make for ideal riding conditions in the sand!

Glad everybody made it out, was an awesome day to ride,temps were good and just the right amount of mud. Was good to finally get to get out an do some dirt!! :clap:

Versys was totaled. :thumbd:

I'm still healing, shoulder and left arm are weak. Been itching to ride, so I'll see how I do at Crooked Creek. I'm prepared to tire out early.

Thank for the update. I hope you are considering another road bike. Heal up quickly!

:sun:

RB

BigA and JBay, I know I was way slow on the trails Saturday. (Thanks for being patient.)

But you shoulda seen me Sunday after JT put the RoxRisers on. I tore the place UP. I left JT in the dust! It was like I was born riding dirt.

Ok, maybe not. Mayhaps I exaggerate a wee bit.

But the risers do make a noticeable difference--big improvement. More comfortable and confident standing and in turns. I actually got into 3rd gear several times. (!)

Fun weekend. Hope to head out there again. Camping overnight was great.

Back