• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who's ready for MOTOGP ?

Always enjoy the atmosphere and bikes (racers and spectators). This is my second time to attend. I moved around the track to get different views, but you just can't overcome the fact that you will not see 3/4 of the race no matter where you go.
I have followed Tom Luthi (Moto2 #12) for years and he finished 2nd. Anyway, I put a lap timer on his 8th, and 9th laps. 2:10.16, 2:10.24. I cannot believe how consistent they are in their laps. That is true professional riding.
Since all the bikes have front and rear cameras, I wish they would stream that video. Then you could have an app that would allow you to watch your favorite rider (as he sees it) during the race. That would help overcome the gaps that you miss being at the race.

Since all the bikes have front and rear cameras, I wish they would stream that video. Then you could have an app that would allow you to watch your favorite rider (as he sees it) during the race. That would help overcome the gaps that you miss being at the race.

Videopass has that, but only for the riders most people are interested in. I didn't check who they streamed for Moto2/3, if at all.

Videopass has that, but only for the riders most people are interested in. I didn't check who they streamed for Moto2/3, if at all.

Yup. That, and the ability to turn off the commentators makes the videopass well worth the money.

Yup. That, and the ability to turn off the commentators makes the videopass well worth the money.

I sat on the grass with some buds between turns 18 and 19

I had the MotoGP/Videopass app opened (they've merged, BTW) to Live Tracking/Commentary and I had my headset wired to the iPhone. This was the combo I used for all three races, and I thought it added a ton to the enjoyment of the day. The feed to the public PA was hard to hear at best and impossible when the pack went by.

One look at Live Tracking and I could tell where everyone was on the track

Something nobody had talked about here yet, but I tried to memorize the bike livery colors, not just rider numbers, so at a glance I could tell who was who without thinking about it. Added a quality dimension. :rider:

Back