• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Arkansas/Missouri Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riding up to Poteau next week on business and hope to hit a few squiggly lines. I need a little taste to hold me over until this fall. :deal:

Thanks for putting this together pacman. Sounds like it'll be fun.

Please put us down for me +1 (the Sarge). I'll be on the FJR. We'll probably trailer up from Tyler.

I talked to Larry today and got one of the blocked rooms reserved.

Last edited:
I'm in and reserved a room from the block. I'll be riding from DFW if anyone would like to ride up with me. I ride a Super Tenere and like mostly pavement, but I don't mind a little dirt if it leads to good scenery.

El_Chamiso

Thanks for putting this together pacman. Sounds like it'll be fun.

Please put us down for me +1 (RossWorley). I'll be on the FJR. Ross will be on his Super Tenere (street). We'll probably trailer up from Tyler.

I talked to Larry today and got one of the blocked rooms reserved.

Excellent! Got you on the list. Will you have any extra spots on your trailer?

Just realized this is the same timeframe as the ZRXOA fall rally :eek2:

Darn, that's a bummer! Is it in Eureka Springs too? I didn't think to check their schedule, but with so many rallies happening that time of year we were bound to conflict with someone.

I'm in and reserved a room from the block. I'll be riding from DFW if anyone would like to ride up with me. I ride a Super Tenere and like mostly pavement, but I don't mind a little dirt if it leads to good scenery.

El_Chamiso

Great news! I have you down. I'm sure there will be others riding from DFW, so a group is bound to form up. I'm still undecided on trailering, but if I don't I'll definitely be looking for a group.

Riding from Waco & as usual for me.... Takin a nice route up thru Palestine hedded north into eastern OK for some of the fun lil roads there along the way to Erureka Spgs

Sent from my A450TL using Tapatalk

Its the same time and place as the ZRXOA gathering. More riders, more fun:rider:

ETA: place being general location. ZRX group is at the Swiss Holiday at the corner of 23&62

Last edited:
Mr2much, I'm not 100% committed yet but if I make it I would like to meet you somewhere in East Texas and ride up through East OK with you... I am located in Pottsboro and could meet up with You wherever you cross Hwy 82...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr2much, I'm not 100% committed yet but if I make it I would like to meet you somewhere in East Texas and ride up through East OK with you... I am located in Pottsboro and could meet up with You wherever you cross Hwy 82...

Shall I move you to the definite list? :deal:

Shall I move you to the definite list? :deal:

pacman, I will keep you updated [emoji2]..... I have a couple other riders I will try to convince if I do make it....

Hey pacman/all. I've been committed for a while, but just confirmed my room with Larry. Planning at this point to ride up from San Antonio and extend my trip to visit family in the SW Missouri and NW Oklahoma area. Would be interested in riding to the rally in a casual group if the logistics work out. Cheers

Last edited:
Sounds good Randy. Looks like there are a few who might be able to come from various points and perhaps converge over into northeast Texas, then head up in to Oklahoma from there.

Sounds good Randy. Looks like there are a few who might be able to come from various points and perhaps converge over into northeast Texas, then head up in to Oklahoma from there.
That'd work for me. I am open to different routes, so could meet up with others in NE Texas if that materializes.

I will be riding from North Texas, DFW area, and would enjoy riding in good company, at least part of the way. Looking forward to this event!

We're about 3 months out from this event and I'm more excited than ever! Can't wait to get out there and ride with you guys.

One thing I need to get sorted out is an off-road ride planner/leader. I'm not a dirt guy and have no experience with Arkansas dirt roads, so I really need someone to step up and take on the planning and leadership of those rides.

Who's up for it?

Well, Stephen is gonna try to make this event.
I snagged one of the single-bed rooms as not to hog up an extra bed.
I'm trailering up/back on the slab as I need to leave at the last minute and get straight home. Hope that works out well.

See ya' in Oct

Still a work in progress, but here's a peak at what will probably be day 2. This is right at 260 miles.

ZnJpjQhuSu9n9-V06FF2lAhJXzvHTdZf6gSyhg_Xv84X9ZmwHnN2Ys-RQmIbv6GwzZVTTFlfcng8oZ_XtMU=w515-h518-no.png

Was in Ark in late May and the bottom section of 123 (West of 7 to Clarksville) is still heavy with loose gravel from construction last year. It's ugly.

Might want to load an alternate route just in case you get there and it's still ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back