• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another newcomer in Austin area

Welcome to the heat. It'll cool off in a month or so. What's the status of the house? Still closing when you thought you would?

The heat is great! I'm not even sweating :D The 100F with 90% humidity in MD was more cruel. Love this heat :D

The house is 99.9% done. Been there today. Closing on 15th, so I'll start unload the truck same day. If anyone is available to help me to unload the motorcycle from the truck around or after 4 pm, I would really appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Welcome. Ride west 90 miles to Kerrville, and you'll discover some of the best rides anywhere.

The heat is great! I'm not even sweating :D The 100F with 90% humidity in MD was more cruel. Love this heat :D

The house is 99.9% done. Been there today. Closing on 15th, so I'll start unload the truck same day. If anyone is available to help me to unload the motorcycle from the truck around or after 4 pm, I would really appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

What part of town is the house? I'm northwest, well, way north, slightly west. Round Rock.

I work Mon-Fri, 7-7, on the South side of San Antonio (I normally get home at 4:45). I don't think I could make it before 6P. Will you have much left to do on Saturday? According to Google, it's 1 hr 15 minutes from my house to you.

Thanks for advice! I have no carper in my new house. Tiles and hardwood only :)

Smart man. We pulled our carpet up years ago and it was nasty. Never again.

Welcome to Texas and Austin is a great place for cycle riders. My first suggestion to you, get thee to a Trudy's restaurant and save room for Amy's Ice Cream afterwards.

Closing on 15th, so I'll start unload the truck same day. If anyone is available to help me to unload the motorcycle from the truck around or after 4 pm, I would really appreciate it.

:welcome:

Do you still need a hand unloading? I can probably make it out that way on Wednesday, if need be. I'm centrally located, near downtown Austin.

WELCOME:welcome:
I am originally from East TX but been in Austin for over a year now and LOVE it!

:welcome:

Do you still need a hand unloading? I can probably make it out that way on Wednesday, if need be. I'm centrally located, near downtown Austin.

I would appreciate any help. I hired couple of helpers through UHaul web site to do unload. My only biggest concern is my cruiser. The beast's weight is 750 lbs, and Penske truck has high ramp. It took 7 big men to roll it in :) I'm planning to start unload around 4pm, if it's convenient for you, please PM me...

Welcome to the site.
Austin's pretty cool as compared to other places I've parked my bike.
Do the Billy's and coffee thing. Good folks here.

I would appreciate any help. I hired couple of helpers through UHaul web site to do unload. My only biggest concern is my cruiser. The beast's weight is 750 lbs, and Penske truck has high ramp. It took 7 big men to roll it in :) I'm planning to start unload around 4pm, if it's convenient for you, please PM me...

Sent you a PM. I've got Penske truck motorcycle removal experience!

I'm close enough to help and free tomorrow, but as I only weigh a buck twenty-five, I think I'd just be in the way trying to help move a 750lb bike.

Welcome to the area. Check out this month's Pie Run, it's close and on a great curvy road (1431 - but don't speed while it's 4-lane; heavily patrolled).

Welcome to Central Texas. But be forewarned, we do get snow here. In January of 1985 we got six inches or so. And I think a couple of years ago we got some but I slept late that day and missed it.
Sometimes we even get rain.

Back