• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yellowstone advice

How is the weather after Labor day? Thinking the off season would be the time to go, less tourists, motels cheaper?

Two years ago we planned to go to Yellowstone after a week in Custer. Watched the weather and there were snow flurries nearly everyday, so we went south to Rocky Mountain National Park. The aspens were turning and the elk were rutting and the crowds were terrible the third week of September. We gave up and went to Angel Fire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man! Sorry you didnt get ta soak it all in....the beautiful scenery that is. Cool canyon

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

But I did get to soak! We camped in the “Fountain of Youth” rv park just north of Thermopolis and soaked in their hot spring fed pool. I could have done a couple more days of that.
8c13ee82a27ccbcc7225e88854f4f02e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is the weather after Labor day? Thinking the off season would be the time to go, less tourists, motels cheaper?

It just depends on the weather. There are certainly less tourists, but I camped so I couldn't tell you about the motel rates. I went the last week of September and inside Yellowstone the crowds weren't bad at all. Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of people there, but it isn't what I would call crowded.

Second day in the park we drove down to Jackson Hole which reminded me of Fredricksburg on a holiday Saturday. Locals in Cody told me the worst of the rush happens after July 4th and with the exception of Old Faithful and Jackson Hole crowds weren’t too bad.

I went there about three years ago on my FZ09 around the same time. There were TONS of mainland Chinese tourists everywhere. Most of them had just purchased cowboy hats, boots and everyone had a large camera wrapped around their neck. Some of the local proprietors said their Asian tourist manners were very abrupt and brash. But the Chinese bring into substantial tourist money to Jackson Hole.

:rider:

RB

Back