• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

May 27th-29th Bill's ashes make a run up Cerro Potosi-Galeana Mexico

Today we drove our bikes to the top of Cerro Potosi to remember Wild Bill and send his ashes to the wind from "The Top of The World."

ZSYiWPl

(If the gif of Zeke tossing the ashes doesn't load, here is the link:. http://imgur.com/ZSYiWPl )

Today we drove our bikes to the top of Cerro Potosi to remember Wild Bill and send his ashes to the wind from "The Top of The World."

ZSYiWPl

(If the gif of Zeke tossing the ashes doesn't load, here is the link:. http://imgur.com/ZSYiWPl )

That's so awesome that you guys were able to do that for him.

Thats Great Zeke. Glad Bill is finally at rest where he wanted to be.
Now He will be there when all the newbies make thier first run up the grand mountain. RIP Bill.

Are there no more taco stands?

What is the change in atmosphere from?

There are still some street vendors and the new cafes around the corner from Maggie.
Nothing like la Casona was with all the cool memorabilia from the old times. That was an awesome spot to shoot back a cold one and take it all in.
Theres alway Parras & R14 GTO.

ZSYiWPl

(If the gif of Zeke tossing the ashes doesn't load, here is the link:. )

Thanks Steve for helping make this:

an extra cool ride...

with great pics...

with expertise mechanical skills...

with good humor...

and valuable bad_ss motivation...

especially riding those rough steep trails up Potosi the back way.

All else I got to say is "Hammer down bad_ss bit_hes".

Last edited:
Are there no more taco stands?

What is the change in atmosphere from?

Yup there were the same amount of taco stands but they were all closed sat and sunday nights, only one was open monday morning. Then we found only one restaurant serving beer with dinner, sunday night had 2, but for a sat night many were closed period. So the atmosphere was just less favorable for it.

But even if we had to take our own bologne sandwiches, still Galeana reigns the queen of Mextrek!

Last edited:
I was in the area the past few days. Did not hit Galeana up, but did hit some of the other usual dual sport areas (San Jose Boquillas, Cienega Gonzalez, Potrero Redondo, etc.).

it was very hot transitioning the desert. Probably my last trip until the Fall.

Cool we did pass through Cienega de Gonzalez on Saturday around 1 to 1:30 p.m. after we had Tasty Tacos in Santiago at the road entrance towards Horsetail Falls. on the way there, we did stop at the portrero Redondo turn off and pondered going there but it would put us way into the dark back to Galeana.

It sure was hot in Laguna de Sanchez but most of the time we were high up enough or moving fast enough that it was all worth it as the last Mex run before the summer heat waves, you have a thread and pics excetera? Here I hope Steve and Pete will be able to add what they all took as soon as they get a chance I will post all my pics in one of my albums entitled Bill's ashes of Potosi as soon as I get a chance

Last edited:
It was a fantastic trip. Zeke, thanks for the invite. Really glad I got to participate in Wild Bill's ceremony. Great riding with Fang and Danny too. Good times.

Some pics from the alternate route up Cerro Potosi. This was a lot of fun. Highly recommend it.

DSCF1050-L.jpg

DSCF1054-L.jpg

DSCF1069-L.jpg

DSCF1084-L.jpg

DSCF1071-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back way ? From San Jose de la Hoya ? Or where did you start.

Hey Doug, not a 100% sure, but we came up from the west. Looking at the map, I think that's Dieciocho de Marzo. Maybe I shouldn't call it a back route, more of an alternate route. Whatever it's called, it was a really sweet ride going that way.

Very cool. I must learn this.
You know there is an 11,900 ft mountain with a trail to the top just S. Of Aramberri. That may be worth a try sometime.

I hope Someone will help my Son spread me to the wind one day....
Awesome show guys !

Very cool. I must learn this.
You know there is an 11,900 ft mountain with a trail to the top just S. Of Aramberri. That may be worth a try sometime.

I hope Someone will help my Son spread me to the wind one day....
Awesome show guys !
I will try that near aramberri with you one day.
And if little G man gets that task one day as well, I will be with him the whole way.
Where do you want to be remembered?
As for me, ive always wanted up Potosi even before i knew Bill wanted the same. There or that rest stop 1/4 of the way down to Batopilas in El Canon del Cobre.

Back