• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More idiots...

If it's that important to you, call 911. Maybe they'll do something, maybe not. If you don't call, they certainly won't. I once called 911 in Dallas when I witnessed somebody on Spur 408 hit the back of another car and take off. I got his plate and called it in. The police took it seriously enough that, an hour later, a Dallas cop showed up at my Arlington home to get details from me. The police won't lift a finger for speeding - heck, practically everybody is speeding on the freeway - but they might look into major reckless driving or possible road rage, particularly if you can provide a license #.

EDIT - Of course, if you have to run in excess of 100 mph just to get the plate, probably better to just leave it alone.

Just because somebody passes you doesn't mean you have to give chase.

I agree. When I riding the bike and someone goes flying by, I carry on and keep on heading to where I was going.

In fact, when I am riding and end up passing another rider, there have been a few times they start to follow along. I just signal to get over and then slow up a bit. They usually get grumpy and speed off. Ah well.

I agree those dudes are idiots riding like that. But I am ATGATT type of rider. But wearing fingerless gloves is such a dumb thing to me. When you crash, your hands hit a lot first a lot of the times (not always but enough). Makes no sense to me, but it guess it doesn't have to because I don't wear them lol.

Twenty years ago we run at 100 in semi's when conditions permitted . Now NO WAY. Too many Cellphone-focused idiots including trukkers

Sent from the dark side of the moon using Tapatalk

But wearing fingerless gloves is such a dumb thing to me. When you crash, your hands hit a lot first a lot of the times (not always but enough).....

Clearly, it's all about the look.

xD Agreed. Still have no idea why the **** they were going that fast. I rarely hit 100 let alone 120+. Talk about a severe lack of safety for oneself and the safety of others. Hope they get their licenses revoked and suspended. That probably won't teach them anything though, it'll keep 'em off the streets though.
You'd be shocked if you knew how many people drive without valid licenses.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Either without valid license or without insurance. Pretty much everybody who's ever hit me. The lady who knocked my off my VStrom back in 2010 - expired license.

here is another idiot, but this idiot has some skill or a very fast guardian angel.

https://youtu.be/vKw3xzyo68k

Well, depending on what stretch of Autobahn he was on, he might have been legal. Most Autobahns I drove on had a 130kph speed limit, but there are still unrestricted stretches.

As for the Dumbkopf in the Suz, at first I thought that was a deliberate block. But no, he just wasn't paying attention when he pulled out to pass. Hope I don't start a controversy here, but that's the problem with unrestricted speeds. With most German folks tooling along at about 130mph (just under 85mph), the disparity is so great when somebody comes up on them at 200 or so that it can be difficult for the senses to register the closing speed.

You'd be shocked if you knew how many people drive without valid licenses.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

No. Not at all. What amazes me is the number of crash scenes with no drivers or occupants. Just one or more totaled vehicles with no current registration and no insurance.

Clearly, it's all about the look.
I can't stand gloves. Occasionally I'll take mine off on the road and just sit on them because they bug me. Fingerless gloves might actually be better for me.

The only reason I wear gloves on the dirt bike is because the grips get nasty if I don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Open. Was wearing a helmet.

I watched a motorcyclist die less than a year ago with head injuries and was wearing a full faced helmet. It can happen. He had brain matter on the road. Helmet still on his head when he died. Speed and solid objects, the solid objects tend to win.

I agree those dudes are idiots riding like that. But I am ATGATT type of rider. But wearing fingerless gloves is such a dumb thing to me. When you crash, your hands hit a lot first a lot of the times (not always but enough). Makes no sense to me, but it guess it doesn't have to because I don't wear them lol.

I bought a set for commuting how else can I run my phone? Semi serious here. Being able to change stations is such a treat....

ATTGATT is a great thing, aside from the glove type, every single ride. However my wife works ER's and you still have issues. She told me a story about the one guy who came in where the upper chest, was, well like a convertible. He caught the edge of the roof. It was like an anatomy display. he had all the right gear. But it's not always the answer.

Personally if you ride in shorts and a T shirt leave the helmet at home. skin grafts hurt bad for a very long time.. :giveup:

Last edited:
I bought a set for commuting how else can I run my phone? Semi serious here. Being able to change stations is such a treat....

ATTGATT is a great thing, aside from the glove type, every single ride. However my wife works ER's and you still have issues. She told me a story about the one guy who came in where the upper chest, was, well like a convertible. He caught the edge of the roof. It was like an anatomy display. he had all the right gear. But it's not always the answer.

Personally if you ride in shorts and a T shirt leave the helmet at home. skin grafts hurt bad for a very long time.. :giveup:

Obviously ATGATT doesn't make you impervious, I just like to reduce any risk I can. Riding itself is a risk so anybody can argue it's all a waste of time I suppose. I am a firm believer in wearing what you like, I will not force my opinions on anybody, I may judge a little though :rider: (that's a joke). I see no use for fingerless gloves because I don't use my phone while riding. I use earplugs not music earbuds. However I can see the difficulty if one uses a touchscreen GPS. But there are gloves available that are touch screen compatible. But you have to wear what gear you are comfortable with. If you feel comfortable with scraping your fingers off in a crash more power to you LOL.

Back when I was a carpenter I was resigned to losing a finger tip or two!

But yes I may ride like a hooligan some times but Full gear.

There's an idiot on a beat up triumph rocket I see regularly who rides like a total a hole. No gear nothing. Pisses off everyone on the road including me. I have no use for someone with no respect for other drivers. There's enough of them already, he just makes it worse for the rest of us more civil (not old or slow) riders. He's not even a punk, I'm surprised Darwin hasn't claimed him yet.

Back to the video we have dumb and dumber....

Last edited:
I will not ride in shorts. Burned my calf once... I learn quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Sad part is that I see cage drivers doing this in the metroplex far more than motorcyclists. Ratio has to be about 200 to 1.

Offenders seem to be the new Mustangs and Ford F350 diesels. Just something about 5000 pounds of "I don't have a clue how to control this thing" coming up in the rearview that's just a wee bit unsettling. See it daily.

F350 dualie crew cab turbodiesels run over 8000 pounds. Dry.

I watched a motorcyclist die less than a year ago with head injuries and was wearing a full faced helmet. It can happen. He had brain matter on the road. Helmet still on his head when he died. Speed and solid objects, the solid objects tend to win.

Seat belts reduce deaths and severity of injuries, same as motorcycle gear, but do not eliminate deaths. Last crash ruined every piece of ATGATT I had on, but still 28 fractures, face full of sutures, 5 to 8 days no memories, still have headaches and memory problems, but I'm still here ticking people off.

I snapped this in a gas station while out for a country ride this morning. It's kind of fuzzy because I was a bit surreptitious in my picture taking. In fact, I snapped it in my mirror and blew it up. Nice that he put a helmet on his kid. But seriously, taking a child that age on a Harley wearing nothing but shorts and a tshirt?

2017-0529%20-%20Meml%20Day%204_zpsxisiw8bt.jpg

and i bet you dollars to donuts that the helmet really doesnt fit the kid right.

geeze, wheres a cop when you need one. thats borderline child endangerment right there

co-worker got his 5 year old a little dirt bike, built him a track out behind the house and even built him a ramp to jump.
what he failed to do was buy him a helmet or any kind of protective gear.

he now has a 5 year old who knows what a emergency room looks like and what a ambulance ride is like, and may have permanent neurological damage.

I want to do permanent damage to him.

Back