• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Givi side cases racks install question.

Reaction score
Contemplating the purchase of Givi hard cases for my 2016 Bandit. I understand that the rear turn signals have to be relocated back onto a Givi supplied bracket that fits the rear license plate light fixture. :shrug:

Here's my question. Are the rear turn signals plug and play? Do I simply unplug the turn signals from some wiring harness, move them rearward, and then plug them back in, or does it require some rewiring, like with solder iron, etc. Is the harness under the seat? I removed the seat and it appeared that some wiring from the back was all zip tied together. Cut the zip tie and move then re-zip tie the wires? Sorry if my post is confusing, but Givi website is sorely lacking on the details of how to install, and YouTube is only partially helpful. Thanks Peabrain.

You may need to cut the zip tie, but there's enough slack in the blinker wires that you shouldn't have to cut those -- just unplug, re-thread/relocate, and re-plug.

I had to add about 6" of wire to the turn signals on my FZ1.

No problem! The wiring will reach , just have to reroute it. I had that same deal about 7 years ago going to Givi bags. I since went with a different rear signal light set up. If I can find a pic, I'll post it. Been a few years since doing that.

Well, can't find it, Next time I go out to the garage, I'll take a pic of what I'm running now with the Givi bags.

Thanks everyone for the reply's, I put a Throttlemeister on today, and was looking at the wires. May do a test run, just to see the amount of slack, before I order the brackets.

It's a great bike!

Okay, Took a few pics of my light set up on my Bandit. Don't remember where I got them. Been to long for my old brain ;-)
IMG_0913-1.jpg

IMG_0910-1.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Our old brains are only a few years apart, and it sure shows me a alternative for moving the lights to the givi bracket.

Just finished installing the Hepco Becker mounts on my 2016, and the HB rear rack should be in this week. It was pretty straightforward. Only minor issue was the rear license plate bracket reflector tabs had to be removed, and I need a longer exhaust mounting bolt.

I installed the Givi topcase rack and have added a E370 Monolock topcase. Easy install and it's only moderately ugly. With my Givi ring mount tank bag and the E370, I'm pretty set for short 2-3 day tours.

Back