• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

8th and FINAL Round of TMGP at Katy Nov 2nd/3rd

Reaction score
Mini Roadracing!!!!

8th Round Texas Mini Grand Prix race series Katy, Tx NOV 2/3
Minibike Road Racing Katy, Texas!! Half the Size, Twice the FUN!!

The 8th round of the Texas Mini Grand Prix race schedule is coming to Katy this November 2nd and 3rd. Bring your minibike out from under the tarp in the corner of your garage, or patio and race with us. Its more fun than you can imagine. Or just come out and spectate until you want to come race.
Gulf Coast Karters Track is located at 29726 Stock Dick Rd Katy, Texas 77493 which is just east of the intersection of FM2855 and Stock Dick Rd. See ya there!!

20 or more 8 lap Sprint Races on Saturday

3hr Endurance races on Sunday

WE NEED CORNER WORKERS so if you can help thats great as well.

www.tmgps.8k.com for more information or post up here.

8 year olds to 65 year olds are racing this fun series. The last race of the season has Sprint races on Saturday and 3 hr Endurance Race on Sunday. Come out and hang out or corner work if you can, we do need ppl to help corner work the races. :)

Races still on for this weekend?

I notice the Sprints start at 11:00am on Saturday. How long do they usually run?

Yes sir, still on for the weekend. We race rain or shine unless the weather is so terrible it is dangerous to riders and spectators. The sprints start around 11am ish and run till we do all 20 or 22 sprint races which is probably till around 5pm ish There are two 15 minute breaks in there as well.

We can always use corner workers if anyone is interested/available.

Well, I am on 24 hr call this weekend. So I can't really commit to corner working as I might have to leave on a moment's notice. However, I was hoping I might be able to bring the kids down to watch for a few hours.

By the way, bike night tonight is in Conroe at the World's Burgers on 105. I know it isn't COLD and WET, but I thought you might be able to make it ;-)

I figured you werent able for corner working but just throwing it out there for any other prospective ppl who wander by...
Hope yall can make it out. :)

I would love to make it to bikenight tonight, but I have a previous engagement. I thank you for extending a reminder and invitation. BTW as you know it was very inclement weather earlier today, so that counts. Hahaha

I should be there with Daniel and Rachel. Sarah's best friend is having her birthday party Saturday so her and Beth won't make it.

Does it cost anything for spectators? I may bring one of the boys by to watch.

I may or may not have the kid(s), and Jamey may or may not be working - so no corner work for me but a possible spectator.

Spectators I think have to sign a waiver pay 8 dollars which helps pay for liability insurance but kids under 12 are free entry

$10 per adult ;-)

Had a good time. It was nice to meet so many folks. Daniel got a real kick out of seeing the kids race. I took tons of pics. I'll try to post up some of the good ones.

I think I was the third spectator...

I was good seeing you folks out there. Thanks for coming out. We have had more spectators at times. Sorry about the mix up in spectator pricing. :)

Here we go...

Vaughn1.jpg
Vaughn2.jpg
Vaughn3.jpg

If you like them, they are already sized and ready to go. If you right click on the image and do the "copy image location" you can plug that right into the avatar option on your profile and not worry about downloading/uploading them to use them.

what's best for this? 2stroke or 4 stroke?
I found a '96 kx80 project for pretty cheap. Wonder if that would make a good "starter" bike.

Hard to say. When I was watching, it looked like some of the two strokes had an advantage coming out of corners, but lost a bit on the straights. Then again, the weight difference between riders can be a BIG factor as well. I don't know how much the rules allow to to play with things like sprocket ratios, which could also make a big difference. On these real twisty tracks, top end doesn't seem that critical. The ability to brake, carry corner speed, and accelerate out of corners is where I saw the fast guys putting it to the slower guys. Of course, if they run on any tracks with long straights, then top speed will become more of an issue. I saw lots of 50s and 110s for the four stroke. There were two strokes present, but I have no idea what size any of them were. I think they are looking to do a series next year for the new Honda Groms. That would be fun because everyone would be on similar machinery and it would be more about riding ability (and not being real overweight... :wary:).

I have no idea what bike this is or who the rider is, but he was fast! It is obviously some kind of Kawasaki two stroke.

SVF_5103.jpg

SVF_5092.jpg

But then there was this dude on some kind of four stroke and he was fast too!

SVF_5082.jpg

Most of the 2 strokes are KX-65s. 80cc 2 strokes are only legal in 2 classes and they are not legal in the endurance races. Most people run XR-100s, KLX 110s, NSR-50s and variations of these. Other bikes are legal. Next year, Im nearly certain that there will be at least 2 classes for the Grom. I'm pushing for a production Grom class that only allows changes in gearing, tires, levers and a few other things with no performance modifications at all.+

I have no idea what bike this is or who the rider is, but he was fast! It is obviously some kind of Kawasaki two stroke.

SVF_5103.jpg

SVF_5092.jpg

But then there was this dude on some kind of four stroke and he was fast too!

SVF_5082.jpg

#84 is Mike Rollins and he is on a KX 65.

Back