• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Area Dual Sport Rides

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Barnes
Hey everybody, Creighton_Beryl and myself are hooking up to ride in Bastrop on Sunday. We'll be meeting at the Exxon/7-11 at 183 and Loyola in east Austin at 8:00 A.M., or you can rendezvous with us in Bastrop.

Re: Bastrop Sunday 9-17-2017

I can't leave Austin until 9am but I can meet you somewhere in Bastrop.

Shoot me your contact to my cell 5124966627 so that I can ping you when I get to Bastrop(about 9:30)

Hey gourdhead

I am running late

I had to replace my clutch cable this am

See u @ 8:30

5124132570 if u need to call

All good.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Great time today. As the weather starts to cool off, we definitely need to get a regular group together to ride those "roads".

Here is a video from today!!!

You might want to try again, John :)

You might want to try again, John :)

I would not mind doing it again at all, hopefully with other big bikes next time so I would not be slowing down smaller dirt oriented bikes.

I just can't ride as fast as you guys on the big pig. Not fair to ask you to slow your pace down and wait on the big bike, help with the big bike, etc... Especially when those knobbies were begging you to tear up the trails.

I would not mind doing it again at all, hopefully with other big bikes next time so I would not be slowing down smaller dirt oriented bikes.

I just can't ride as fast as you guys on the big pig. Not fair to ask you to slow your pace down and wait on the big bike, help with the big bike, etc... Especially when those knobbies were begging you to tear up the trails.

I think he meant your video. It doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here is the link again as URL: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvseT5FNEu0"]Riding Bastrop Trails - YouTube[/ame]

I tried on different browsers, it seems to work.

I think he meant your video. It doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Any chance one of you could send me the route you took, or maybe just provide some clarity on where y'all were?

I rode some great roads out in that area this past Sunday, and would love to ride these too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am also curious about where these trails are...

There seems to be a lot of interest in a Bastrop trip. Maybe next Sunday?

There seems to be a lot of interest in a Bastrop trip. Maybe next Sunday?
I've been out there the last two Sundays in a row and had a blast. I think I found some of it this past week!

I can't go this Sunday, but I can on the 22nd.

Looks like it hasn't changed much. Have y'all found Slippery Hill yet? It's between Winding Pine and Cedar Cove.

Thanks for the tip on the road/trail names...just found the area!

Hopefully you guys will be down for waiting until the 22nd, but I totally understand if you guys want to get out this Sunday instead.

Do you have a GPS? I have all the tracks... I've led over 150 people on those trails... I miss them terribly...

Last edited:

Thanks for the tip on the road/trail names...just found the area!

Hopefully you guys will be down for waiting until the 22nd, but I totally understand if you guys want to get out this Sunday instead.

If you pull up the area on Google Maps, then switch to satellite view, it has all the names. Two of my employees needed time off this weekend, so waiting till 10-21/22 is fine with me.

Me too.

When or if I get the ktm really rideable I'm going to try to get back out there, hopefully get a lot of the old crew out as well as the young guns.

The wife is having some serious health issues, but that's for another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Do you have a GPS? I have all the tracks... I've led over 150 people on those trails... I miss them terribly...
Any chance you would mind sharing your tracks with me? Also, very sorry to hear that your wife is having health issues. Hope she gets well soon.

Pm me your email and I'll send them your way tonight.

Back