• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WANTED: Slip on Exhaust / Muffler

TexJoe

Reaction score
TWTexans!! I have a request!:help: I am looking to purchase that slip on exhaust you have, the one laying around taking up space in your shop. You know the one that you were going to use for something but think you want to part with it after reading this post.:ponder:

I have a BMW R1150R. I ordered a DanMoto slash cut - it is LOUD - there is no way anyone in the motorcycle world will take me serious with a BMW that sounds like tethered 650's with straight pipes roaring down the road.:eek2: The stock exhaust weighs 27 lbs :lol2:and the motorcycle sounds like a sewing machine - likely the way ze Germans expect ze machine to sound. I wanted a little more sound. Man let me tell you, bang for buck, danmoto exceeds expectations. :shock:

My danmoto came with a midpipe and will likely accomodate most slip ons I think. I am measuring the pipe so I know what you have is compatible. Mid pipe is 1-15/16" or 49.2mm OD so i believe that anything up to 52mm should fit.

The slip on
1. Needs to be a average straight can - no bendy midpipe part. :shrug:
2. Left side compatible. Some cans have the "brand" on the outside and a bunch of writing and such on the inside.

I was looking around for an aggressive, not to the level of the Danmoto straight pipes, exhaust. Maybe a termignoni exhaust would look strange on a BMW but who knows.

Please send me a pic by text or email and an asking price -
Joe (713) 679-1910
Joecuev@gmail.com
:rider:

Last edited:
Back