• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Female motorcyclist shoots road raging man

Good for her. I've been in a similar situation on my bike. No shooting fortunately. My daughter will carry when she is old enough for sure.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I’m curious about the passenger in the SUV. Did they do nothing? Not even dial 911? (The report says the motorcyclist called police. Was that the first call? I suppose there is a slim chance there wasn’t a cell phone available to the passenger...

Wonder what led up to the altercation...

On the surface, Looks like a case of self defense. I’d say she was ‘lucky’ she had the gun on her person, rather than stashed on the bike.

Pretty sketchy report. Did they know each other ? Something ignited it, cut off the m.c, a bird flew, etc.

According to another forum I read, a witness to the incident said the road rager had the rider on the ground pounding her head on the pavement and then dragging her by the helmet. The witness got out of his car to stop it and that's when she shot him.

According to another forum I read, a witness to the incident said the road rager had the rider on the ground pounding her head on the pavement and then dragging her by the helmet. The witness got out of his car to stop it and that's when she shot him.

I'm glad the witness was a little slow.

Whatever went on beforehand, there is no excuse for a 60 year old man to attack, pummel, & drag around a female. Any "man" who does so should be shot, IMO.

I wonder if the road rager would have been so quick to fight a man of substantial size?

Good riddnance, I say. Now there's more oxygen for everybody else.

I carry, but for the sake of wild critters if one decides to make me lunch. Guess the two-legged variety are the ones I should be looking out for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always carried when riding (except on the way to work) for protection. In 13 years of riding I have come close to needing it once. Highway 62 between El Paso and Carlsbad. Had a truck driver who must have just watched Dual.

[ame="https://youtu.be/5MtAMc4i8OA"]Duel (1971) Theatrical Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Call me a knucklehead, but I see no reason what-so-ever in getting bent out of shape over traffic, especially out of shape enough to want to fight someone.

I find it ridiculous and unjustifiable from either party.

In this case, the lady should have lane split for a dozen or so cars to get away.
Then everyone would have been at home eating dinner with family.

I have always carried when riding (except on the way to work) for protection. In 13 years of riding I have come close to needing it once. Highway 62 between El Paso and Carlsbad. Had a truck driver who must have just watched Dual.

Duel (1971) Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

Thread jack...

Great movie...

Never drive a Plymouth.

Who knows how these things begin? It could be either party, and it's usually one party either making a mistake (ie drifting out of lane) or being unintentionally thoughtless (changing lanes without a signal, cutting too close). The other party reacts with a one-fingered salute, and a series of back-and-forth escalations ratchet up to an ugly event that ends up on the news. I've witnessed hundreds of such, and I've been dumb enough to let myself be drawn into a few.

My goal is to never be in that situation again. To that end, my rule of thumb is pretty simple - don't engage. If I get mad at somebody else, I do my best to keep it to myself and just drive on. If somebody gets mad at me, I ignore them - look straight ahead, no eye contact, keep both hands on the wheel or handlebars. Usually the other party feels as if they've won if you allow them to give your their one-fingered salute with no response, and they'll calm down & get on with their drive.

You never know the trigger. I know with the issue I had once. I was out on a desolate highway and I saw the truck coming. I got over on the side all the way so he would not need to do anything but pass. When he proceeded to follow me I went across the road to the other side and he followed me there as well. I tried to out run him but he kept up. At last he got a few feet of my back tire so I slowed down so I could race ahead a bit. When I did I lifted my jacket to draw my pistol and turned around and looked at him. He slammed on his brakes and I kept going.
Solved the problem that I did nothing to provoke. Just a bad dude who hates bikers I guess.

Back