• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anyone using or tried RoadGear?

I have several of their products-what are you wanting to know?
I have found all their stuff to be a high quality, well thought out, and worth the money. If you call to ask a question, you will get the owner as often as not. He is a nice guy.

I like the look of some of their luggage and packs. Never heard of them until now, so thanks for helping lighten my wallet a little more!

Sorry-specifically, any of their textile jackets/pants. I am very close to getting an Aerostich suit, but this gear looks interesting.

4-5 years back, I saw a Jacket I liked on their site. I called and talked to Mansoor (the owner). I told him I wasn't sure which style I wanted and was unsure of the size. He sent me 12 jackets and pants, told me to keep what I wanted and send back the rest. He paid shipping BOTH ways and didn't charge my card 'til I called him & told him what I kept.:thumb:

I can tell you about the following products:
Tire Gauge
3-point Jumbo Sport Tank Bag
Xcaliber Jacket (Wife's)
Intrepid Jacket (Mine)
Montana Pants (Both)
Tierra del Fuego Jacket (For Sale-Size large-new-$100)

hcope1 said:
4-5 years back, I saw a Jacket I liked on their site. I called and talked to Mansoor (the owner). I told him I wasn't sure which style I wanted and was unsure of the size. He sent me 12 jackets and pants, told me to keep what I wanted and send back the rest. He paid shipping BOTH ways and didn't charge my card 'til I called him & told him what I kept.:thumb:

I can tell you about the following products:
Tire Gauge
3-point Jumbo Sport Tank Bag
Xcaliber Jacket (Wife's)
Intrepid Jacket (Mine)
Montana Pants (Both)
Tierra del Fuego Jacket (For Sale-Size large-new-$100)

I would really be interested to know the differences and good/bad between the Xcaliber and Tierra Del Fuego jackets.

My Personal Quality Rating:

Olympia
Xcaliber
FirstGear Killamanjaro
Tierra del Fuego
All Joe Rocket "rainproof" textiles

I'm only getting rid of the del Fuego because it is too big for me; and a medium would be too small.

hcope1 said:
My Personal Quality Rating:

Olympia
Xcaliber
FirstGear Killamanjaro
Tierra del Fuego
All Joe Rocket "rainproof" textiles

I'm only getting rid of the del Fuego because it is too big for me; and a medium would be too small.
:ponder: Interesting...

I've actually been looking at an Olympia AST jacket, too. Would you mind giving a few details for ordering your list as you did?

Comment deleted - i mixed up Roadgear with Roadcrafter...

Chris, if your looking at a 'Stitch, you might look at the Motoport gear. I've not used it myself, but the reviews (by real people) all seem to like the Motoport over the 'Stitch.

Here's a thread that Scott dug up about their gear.
AdvRider

makes me wish I had an extra grand laying around.

wczimmerman said:
:ponder: Interesting...

I've actually been looking at an Olympia AST jacket, too. Would you mind giving a few details for ordering your list as you did?

I've had all of these jackets (Inc at least 4 different Joe Rocket models). The Roadgear is comparable to the Killamanjaro. I rated it higher because the Killamanjaro has waaaay toooo much velcro. It's a real ordeal to open anything. But, both are great jackets.

Last spring I bought tha Olympia Summer jacket with the lined waterproof liner. It worked great - very warm with the liner and cool without it.

Earlier this month four of us went to West Virginia for a week. I led since I had the GPS. All three of my friends kept telling me that I was almost invisible in front of them. The combination of the GS trunk and the back of the JR jacket being black :zen: Two of them wear those safty vests (which I have two of in my closet) and the third has one of those BMW models that practically glows. I told them to "shut up and follow my brakelight".:moon:

A few days after we got home, I received a delivery to my office - one of those fancy BMW tail-light flashers. I decided my friends were serious; and I might better reconsider my thoughts of looking like a safety patrol geek in the vest. Better a geek than someone's hood ornament.:giveup:

First step: I got out the vest and rigged it so that it attaches to my tail rack and slides up and over my trunk. Perfect! Easy to open the trunk and slides right back after closing.:clap: I'm a genius! I can now be seen and I don't look like those other two geeks.:lol2:

Second step: The Joe Rocket jacket I wore leaked badly, especially in the arms. I had the liner from my Summer Olympia, and it worked as advertised. I started reading all the reviews on the Olympia AST. All of them were very positive. I went to my local BMW dealer.and bought the "glow-in-the-dark" model with the pants.

Mini-review: I wore them Saturday for the first time. At 8AM it was 41 degrees and by 3PM it was 80 degrees. I am in love with both the jacket and pants. I think the jacket will be good for anything under 85-90 degrees. At 80, I only opened the two chest vents (which have pull-tabs that keep them open). It has two full length arm vents and two other front vents for warmer conditions. It was also very warm when the temp was in the 40's. This included some Interstate riding.

I am also very happy with the "glow-in-the-dark" color. After the initial "you're blinding me" joking:eek2: , I got nothing but positive comments; and two of my friends are getting one this week. The ONLY negative is that the price is pretty mush locked-in. I think Olympia must have a deal with BMW. I searched the Net and couldn't find any deals. Shipping vs. tax??? You decide.:deal:

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. I think I'm going to pick up one of the AST jackets and then figure out what pants I will need next (I have the HT Air Overpants from FirstGear to use for now with the liner). Being a 32 (waist) and 34 (inseam), finding the right fit is a pain.

By the way-I showed my wife the AST in neon yellow to get her reaction. She liked it! :eek2:

Chris, Olympia pants fit me great and I've got the same waist/inseam measurements that you do.

I have the UltraTour pants only because the Ranger 2 pants weren't in stock and wouldn't ship for several months. I've been happy, but I like the feature list on the Ranger's better.

wczimmerman said:
By the way-I showed my wife the AST in neon yellow to get her reaction. She liked it! :eek2:

That's because Jen is a rider and knows it more about the safety than the look. Besides, she doesn't want the cute young chicks checking out her man! :lol2:

Back