• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And you thought you saw Ducati carnage before... (demo day, AMS)

I've turned mine to my insurance company - the truck's insurance wanted me to turn my bike over to them without them accepting liability - I chose not to do that - let them deal with my insurance.It will initially cost me my deductible but they will go after them and hopefully I'll get it back.

I hope it works out for you Jim. So whats the next bike going to be?

I picked up a brand new 2006 (OK it had 19 miles on it) Ducati ST3 in Houston this past weekend. So far so good - much lighter than the Feejer - can't tell if it's much slower (still in the break-in period and can't go over 6k rpm's) - not sure it will be as comfortable for two up riding or long trips - a bit more agressive seating position then the FJR.
Couldn't pass up the deal though - still looking for the perfect bike - worse case is I can sell this for what I paid for it in a heartbeat.

Wow... an 06 with only 19 miles on it, talk about incentive for a dealer to make it move! Congrats, now lets just hope the insurance payoff on the FJR pays for the ST3.

Wow... an 06 with only 19 miles on it, talk about incentive for a dealer to make it move! Congrats, now lets just hope the insurance payoff on the FJR pays for the ST3.

Actually it was a trade-in. A very well off guy bought it for his wife or for her to ride with him on and she didn't like it - he traded it in on a new Concours. I verified the story with the dealer who sold it originally (they were right up the street). Was kept for 2 1/2 yrs. in basically a showroom this guy has for his "toys" - a couple of Lambo's, Ferrari's, etc - he has a driver who takes him around in his Rolls - 3 climate controlled ponds (each with a different kind of fish) in front of his ranch outside Houston.

I added exposure to twtex.com by posting a link from Ducati.ms. That is my second hangout for motorcycle fixes.

Wow! What a blast from the past!

I saw an image of a crashed bike in one of the header images, clicked on it to go to the thread, and found myself in this thread. I had totally forgotten about this! Almost 10 years ago now... Man, time really is picking up speed :wary: :eek2: :zen:

So after the crash happened and we got everyone taken care of, the bikes taken care of as much as we could, and people were starting to leave; I noticed something laying on the ground. There was the ball end of the clutch lever from Marty's 1098 that had snapped off and went flying during the crash. I picked it up, brought it home and made it into a keychain fob as a way to have a memory of the event. Almost 10 years later and I still have that keychain fob. :)

Back