• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

sidecar training course

Reaction score
First Name
kelly
Last Name
woody
I am in the process of attatching a sidecar to my triumph t-100. Once finished, I want to take a sidecar training course. Does anyone know if they offer this course in Corpus Christi? I know that there is a MSF academy at cycle plaza and a Harley rider's edge general course Is there a sidecar enthusiast in Corpus that can give me some advice?

Attachments

• DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 237
Welcome to the offset world of sidecars. The Triumph twins make great tugs.

There may be others, but the only sidecar training of which I am aware of is up in Lufkin at the Pineywoods Motorcycle Academy; Marcus is the instructor: his email is marcuscycleshop@aol.com. Many of us East Texas & Louisiana sidecarists have completed his class and recommend it. Marcus may know of other locations.

Call 800-292-5787 and they can give you a list of all the places in Texas that offer a sidecar course.

Kelly,
We took the trike class from Marcus Renfro in Lufkin and can't recommend him strongly enough for your purposes - he's actually teaching his dog to ride in his sidecar! Marcus is thorough and personable, in our trike class he incorporated helpful information from OTHER COUNTRIES which our country didn't have for training. Goes without saying - we were totally impressed with him! And we aren't the only ones, there are others which do not post to this forum who were happy.
If you take from him, give us feedback! Hope this helps.
Reese
(and the typist, Ann)

Back