• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tires flipped

Reaction score
Ordered new tires for my super tenere but I don't know where to take them to get the tires changed, off the bike(wheels and tires only).

In California it was about $40 a tire and up, no one did them cheap.

Any cheap place?

Or is everyone the same price, if so how much and who has the best customer service and turn around?

Thanks for any help,

Ryan-proud new Texan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know exactly where in north Texas you are. There are a number of people on the forum who will install tires for you, in their garage. They do it for free, but most of us tip them with some sort of gift card --- sandwich or pizza joint, Amazon.

If you're in Ft Worth or the mid-cities, contact Frank who owns Monkey Wrench Cycles. He's a forum member. He does tires quite cheaply for TWT members, if you remove the wheel and bring it in - that saves him labor time.

Bikers Bay is no more or they moved.

Cycle Gear will do it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up taking my tires to bates. Quick, easy and priced fairly.
The fact that they had 5-6 sets of tires in front of mine was a great sign and still got mine done in under 2 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just changed 2 last night in my garage.
no sweating & door not even open. october is a good time for north texas

Back