• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey from Tennessee

Reaction score
I actually joined here a few months ago before I actually drove to Alabama and picked up my bike. I already had the bike chosen and a deal worked out. I think I got a really good deal on it. I bought a 07 1250 Bandit with 22,600 miles for $2,900. It has the complete luggage and top box. I leave it off mostly because I haven't taken it on any trips. I don't remember if I've introduced myself. So I'll go on and say that I'm a 55year old grandfather of three and I've been married 36yrs this August. As for the bike I've put just over 2,000 miles on it. My only complaint is it kills my back when I hit bumps on the interstate. I realize I already have back issues and I really shouldn't go as fast as I sometimes do. But shouldn't a 1250 handle bumps fairly well? Even if I don't figure out anything that helps I won't sell it. I love the low end power and the matching luggage. It has a Two Brothers slip on and a tuner. Other than that it's stock and gonna stay that way. It's faster than I need it to be now. I'm more interested in it lasting many more miles. If anybody has any suggestions on how I might make it more back friendly I'd be interested in hearing it. If that's just the nature of the beast I'll just deal with it. I won't let it be so long before I at least say hey in the future.

Welcome.Sounds like a pretty good price to me. There are lots of Bandit-meisters here, and I'm not one of them. But as to the ride, I'll venture a guess that an 11 y/o bike is probably due for a change of fork oil. That'll probably smooth out the front end greatly; certainly won't hurt it.

Sounds like a nice bike (we need more pics plz). My first thought went right along with Mr. Tshelfer's idea, but I would suspect that new rear shock(s) would also be in order since the bike is 11 years old. Maybe one of the various seat cushions would help also .

You might also have a little fiddle around with the preload settings for your shock. The previous owner might have set it hard because of the luggage and possibly touring two up. I would look at that before splurging on a bunch of mechanical work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No advise, but welcome to the forum.

bkhyperv2-1.jpg

These simple benches do wonders for strengthen back and abdominal

Welcome, sounds like a pretty fair deal on a powerful bike. Be careful

Welcome to the site! :wave:

:tab I would not say it necessarily needs a new shock, but perhaps a rebuild of the existing shock would help. Of course, it might be cheaper to just buy a new shock depending on what they cost to rebuild. But, as was mentioned, it could simply be that the existing suspension needs to be properly setup for your weight. I don't know how much adjustability the stock suspension on the Bandit 1250 has, but I am sure you can at least adjust the rear preload to get the sag set correctly. The front might be more work if there is not an external preload adjuster because that would mean you have to get into the forks. Rebuilding the rear shock is a bit of work, especially if you don't have the right tools. Doing the forks is not hard though. It would be worth finding a shop in your area that has a good rep for doing suspension work and talking with them. At a minimum, they could help you get the current suspension set to the right settings. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes in how the bike feels and handles once you get the suspension setup correctly! I'd spend the money there before doing any other mods, with the possible exception of getting a comfy seat.

Welcome to the forum.
I loved my Bandit too, they are remarkably good all rounder bikes.
They do benefit greatly from progressive springs and shocks, and raising the bars an inch or two makes things a little easier on the lower back. So does taking your weight on the pegs if you don't have time to avoid the bump.
Hope you enjoy the bike and this place, I have found there's always someone more knowledgeable than me willing to offer help and/or advice.

Back