• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEW! Long Distance sub-forum

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Tourmeister has given those of us who are a little "off" our own little corner of TWT. You can find it under General Discussion > Specialty Topic Forums > LD Riders. Many "normal" riders find what we do to be crazy, nutty, stupid, boring, etc, etc, etc, so this is a place for us to hang our hats and talk about the very topics that cause others to look at us and roll their eyes.
:roll:

This sub-forum is primarily aimed at the Long Distance / Endurance / Iron Butt / Touring rider, whether they are experienced and want to break bread with others of their ilk, or they have a strange desire to learn more about this very small microcosm of the Motorcycling community.

Come on down! No experience is too bland, no question is too stupid. Learn from others, teach others, or just plain relate to others that have the same addiction.

See you there! :rider:

You couldn't print enough money to get me to do that hyper distance stuff - I'm pretty sure the Lord put a 450-mile daily limit on my rear end. But hey, I'll read, watch, and cheer you on. :thumb:

Insanity loves company or something like that. :rofl:

Long touring days around 600 miles are about as far as I'm 'comfortable' with these days.

Great idea to round up all the 'crazy' riders...
Will certainly be reading the contributions.

:)

I did almost 400 miles in one day on my new Super Tenere last week... and that was not very fun.

But... I'm no stranger to 1000+ miles non-stop on the Wing. ;)

I'm heading into the new forum!! :)

TWT LD Riders

Last edited:
ya got your Honda riders, ya got your Harley riders,ya even got your Beemer riders now we got the distance riders.....kinda neat, don'tcha think?
ain't it what life's about? Diversity!
(it's what I love about my sport,hobby, whatever)

i have ridden about 650 miles in a day twice and I think if I did not have Shinko 705's on the Vstrom I probably could have gone further but I have no idea how guys ever do these bun burners and stuff. Definitely takes a different type!

I think my issue is I like to stop and see stuff, eat food, chit chat. I had one ride I showed up for once and the ride leader proclaimed he hoped everyone brought their lunch because he wasn't planning on stopping to eat anywhere. I should have bailed then... OH well, lesson learned.

Back