• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wildflower Ride Video (GO PRO HERO)

Reaction score

This is a video I made using video from a ride on Friday. We were mostly in Navasota, Round Top, New Ulm areas.

This was filmed with a GO PRO Motorsports Video Camera. What an awesome gadget!!!

:clap: :zen: :rider:

Looks like great fun...thanks for sharing the video.

I Want One!!

I saw you guys ride by Brice and I. Did you get a video of the hot guy I was riding with??

I can't wait until TAR..you are gonna love that camera for that ride. But you have to ride in front of me so you won't get video of me going down :-)

That's pretty nice....

Where do you have the unit mounted and what software did you use to put the video together?

I just realized that my avitar picture is a picture of you...not me. I do like that picture though. We had a blast on those dunes! I am ready to find some more!

Dang John, had I known you were doing a video I'd have done the Indian Larry seat stand for you. Real nice for the first time out, this has real potential.

That's pretty nice....

Where do you have the unit mounted and what software did you use to put the video together?

I was riding a R1200RT and mounted the camera to the left mirror with a suction cup. The software i Apple's I Movie HD.

I just realized that my avitar picture is a picture of you...not me. I do like that picture though. We had a blast on those dunes! I am ready to find some more!

DEE:

That is funny. I also noticed that my bike is stuck in the sand!:giveup:

Nice video....We just picked up a GO Pro Hero too. We've been playing with it all weekend...it's great fun and takes some pretty good video. We're looking at some RAM mounts though as we are not too happy with the mounts they supplied.

Nice video. Looks like some fun roads, and good weather! :rider:

I'm not sure if Brubeck, Steppenwolf, et al. are part of the WMG (Warner Music Group), but if they are, be prepared for Youtube to kill your soundtrack on the video.

I had Canned Heat music on my Mena, AR ride video, and they pulled it after six months or so.

I had another video with music from a somewhat obscure group named Dinosaur Jr., and they killed the soundtrack only after three weeks or so. The song I used was one they cut on SST records, before they got big and went to a major label! Humph!

Nice video. Looks like some fun roads, and good weather! :rider:

I'm not sure if Brubeck, Steppenwolf, et al. are part of the WMG (Warner Music Group), but if they are, be prepared for Youtube to kill your soundtrack on the video.

I had Canned Heat music on my Mena, AR ride video, and they pulled it after six months or so.

I had another video with music from a somewhat obscure group named Dinosaur Jr., and they killed the soundtrack only after three weeks or so. The song I used was one they cut on SST records, before they got big and went to a major label! Humph!

...and don't forget the I've Been Everywhere group and solo efforts were nixed on YouTube too. (but if you dig or look a bit, you'll find them floating around :trust:)

Can the lenses be changed out or is it fixed? The fish eye effect on that one is fairly pronounced and makes the bikes in front of you look really far away... or else you weren't keeping up with them :-P

Great work John. Had a lot of fun on that trip. We should do it again soon. But next time I think I am going to hold on on the Power Slide.

Can the lenses be changed out or is it fixed? The fish eye effect on that one is fairly pronounced and makes the bikes in front of you look really far away... or else you weren't keeping up with them :-P

Scott:

The lense is fixed, I'm not sure of the angle but here are the specs:

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=2

This is not a super flexible camera. It is waterproof and easily mountable. I paid $160.00 on EBAY.

I own a different brand of "vehicle" camera and get some "fish-eye" effect from it as well. Not sure why they do that with these cameras. Not sure why they do that with these cameras; fish-eye lenses are normally considered "specialty" lenses.

They used to have these in non-fisheye lens, but I guess things have changed? I don't see the non-fisheye listed anymore.

Looks like 160 on eBay is a good deal. I have a connection on those, but it would be more like 170 shipped.

Back