• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas World Speedway

Mounting positions?:mrgreen:

All I could notice was a little late on the gas at times. Your lines look pretty good for a big bike. A little more twist and you'll be carrying crazyspeed! :)...What kinda laptimes you running out there?

Great views. If that doesn't reinforce the concept of "look where you want to go", I'm not sure what else would.

How's the Hero camera holding up?

Mounting positions?:mrgreen:

All I could notice was a little late on the gas at times. Your lines look pretty good for a big bike. A little more twist and you'll be carrying crazyspeed! :)...What kinda laptimes you running out there?

The Wide is stuck to the ram air tube just in front of the speedo facing back. The Standard is stuck to the gas tank facing forward. Both are safety wired just in case. I have a third one that I mount under the tail facing back but I didn't run with it because the rear tire knocks it off when I hit the transition off the banking.

The first lap could have been much cleaner. My excuse is I was tired and I'm sticking to it! (It was my 5th and last race of the day.) Laptimes were :50 - :51 with a fast lap in the :49.5 range. I need to cowboy up and stay in the gas past the transition into turn 1, as well as carry more speed through 5 into 6, brake later into the Horseshoe, and I'm getting schooled in the chicane, but I made up lots of ground in 7, 8 and 8a.

How's the Hero camera holding up?

The little things work great as long as you have fresh rechargeables with a high mAh rating. Wish the sound didn't distort so much but considering how much vibration they're subjected to, it's not that bad.

The first lap could have been much cleaner. My excuse is I was tired and I'm sticking to it! (It was my 5th and last race of the day.) Laptimes were :50 - :51 with a fast lap in the :49.5 range. I need to cowboy up and stay in the gas past the transition into turn 1, as well as carry more speed through 5 into 6, brake later into the Horseshoe, and I'm getting schooled in the chicane, but I made up lots of ground in 7, 8 and 8a.

I have some of the same issues you do. Turn 1 and more speed through 5,6. I do really well in the chicane though and almost always get a good drive down the straight. I highsided in 8a in the last practice and didn't get to race. :doh: Oh well, maybe next time.

After looking more at your vid, i need to follow you through 7, 8, 8a.

Good quality on those cameras. I wish the tank mount was more stable though. I so need a race bike. I was almost ready to race in the CMRA, did my free cornerworking at the beginning of the 07 season. Then my job transferred me to Cleveland, I quit a year later, moved back to Dallas and a lot of good things have happened to keep me off the track. One day though, and maybe I can dream of dicing it up with you guys.

Holy crap, loving your SXV 550s in the Rain at Texas World Speedway video.

After looking more at your vid, i need to follow you through 7, 8, 8a.

It's amazing what you can get away with when you don't know any better :trust:

Good quality on those cameras. I wish the tank mount was more stable though.

Holy crap, loving your SXV 550s in the Rain at Texas World Speedway video.

It usually is more stable, I think I didn't have it safety wired the same way which allowed it to shake more. It's a learning process.

And I was the guy in the yellow helmet that went skating past into turn 1 in the rain race, I went on for the win :rider:

terrific veiw! and excelent video!

I miss doing track days, I've only done a handful, but I really hope I get to hit the track again in the future.

When I was corner working it amazed me how the really fast guys, if by themselves didn't look like they were going that fast, just as smooth as can be as if they were out for a morning ride. You look like you're as comfortable as can be.

Poser, I really got my eyes opened out at Oak Hill. The A group guys were going so much faster around the track than I was. Then Mike Sanchez got out there and man he was flying, pretty much destroying the rest of the A group.

A few weekends later I was watching an AMA race and there's Mike out there, running somewhere between like 10th or 15th. Really gave me a true feel between me and the guys at the front of the pack in an AMA race and how far away from them I really am.

tardypizza, seems like the Ape does well out there, better than I ever thought a supermoto could. How would you rate it compared to yourself on a liter sport bike? My only experience supermoto wise is ECR on a DRZ. What's your top speed on that bike, looks like maybe 120 or 130ish maybe based on the speeds the other bikes were doing down the straight. Also, never really seen anyone take the low line on the front straight, would you still run that on a big sportie as well?

Nice Video!
I was considering taping some of my stuff but I don't Know what to use to record it
I have seen Vholdr..do you know anything about that?..I looked at the website and it looks awesome
www.vholdr.com

Thanks!!

tardypizza, seems like the Ape does well out there, better than I ever thought a supermoto could. How would you rate it compared to yourself on a liter sport bike? My only experience supermoto wise is ECR on a DRZ. What's your top speed on that bike, looks like maybe 120 or 130ish maybe based on the speeds the other bikes were doing down the straight. Also, never really seen anyone take the low line on the front straight, would you still run that on a big sportie as well?

Getting the SXV to perform in a roadracing environment has proven to be an exercise in patience. Since the bike was designed to take jumps, back it in and corner with 70 degree lean angle it takes a bit of adaptation in riding style and chassis setup to get it to rail in a roadrace. I prefer the RSVR but the SXV's power to weight ratio makes for a serious competitor in its classes.

Not sure what top speed is, I yanked the dash off. I can pace SV650s down the straight though if I tuck in and draft.

Taking the low line on a slower bike is mainly so I don't get run over by faster bikes, but also there's no real advantage to going higher because I'm already maxed out in speed and there's no acceleration to be had from gravity while diving down into Turn 1.

Nice Video!
I was considering taping some of my stuff but I don't Know what to use to record it
I have seen Vholdr..do you know anything about that?..I looked at the website and it looks awesome
www.vholdr.com

Thanks!!

Don't know much about the vholdr other than I've seen some good videos taken with it. I use the GoPro cameras.

Back