• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wing off road

what's a replacement seat cover for a Wing cost? :lol2:

I wonder if that would have set off the airbag in one of the newer ones?

Nah, the seat was OK. Nearly cracked my shin on the engine guard.

I kept the audio out of the video on purpose.

Didn't want the rest of the world hearing me squeal like a little girl...:giveup:

Zoinks! :eek2:

Half of me wants to castigate you for going off the road for no reason, but the other half wants to pat you on the back for keeping that battleship on two wheels.

I'm so conflicted. :lol2:

You really can't compliment a goldwing rider for keeping the bike up. It's easier to keep it up than to pick it up! :mrgreen:

Yes, I know all about the reverse method, just making a joke here.

Second putting back the audio...and you've proven once again that ALL bikes are dual sports - some are just better at it than others! Way to keep the rubbery bits down.

I'm on the same line as Tim. There was no reason to go DS there, there are better places then that with mud. :mrgreen: BTW, great job on the recovery.

Go ahead ang get some TKC80s on that thing. You have proven its off-roadworthiness.

I'm guessing the music you were listening to was by "Asleep at the Wheel"???

serious case of pilot error...:eek2::clap:

I'm pretty impressed, judging from all the sky in the video, it looks like he wheelied it through the dirt and back onto the road! :flip:

Dude, glad you came through it without incident.....

Now, say to yourself 500 times "Look through the turn"

Just goofing with you...:zen:

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

So happy that your able to tell us about this. This is a true learning experience, for all of us.

+a bunch on adding the audio back to the video... :lol:

I'm guessing the music you were listening to was by "Asleep at the Wheel"???

serious case of pilot error...:eek2::clap:

Really! Rider must have been preoccupied with... "Gee, how am I going to get these bugs off my windshield without scuffing the factory coating."

Glad there wasn't a mailbox in that driveway.:brainsnap

Couldn't have been that bad, he keeps on going and has the presence of mind to adjust the camera.:clap:

Drop it down a gear or two and keep the throttle on. It is when you try to stop them that they fall over.

Dirt, gravel, grass, then a small washout. That was only wide enough for the tires, and really rough.

When I hit that is when the camera started praying.

No brakes, just off the throttle and eyes on the ground in front of the bike.

I seem to remember something about "Ohno, ohno, ohno!" being what I said.

Ironically, my braking mistake probably saved me.

If I had rear braked to shed speed, I would have gone off road at a lean. Since I front braked, it straightened up the bike, which meant I didn't low side it.

Since then, I have pulled the fairing and hard cases. They were making the bike off balance, and I didn't feel comfortable leaning into turns. THAT'S why I understeered.

The bike is back to stock now, and I am able to lean much more comfortably now.

And, as Willie said at Harrison here in SA:

It don't matter what you're riding, if you miss the turn, it's an off road bike.

Far out, dude. An eclipse. tom

P.S. If anyone remembers this, it will show my age.

Back