• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
Someone posted that it was eight years, well shoot, better fix the lead in post! that's two years back, so time to update!
10 1/2
------

------
0014 years

our first one had 3 people show up, it just took off from there, Billy's has been a great venue and the food has been good.

Any interest in a weekly lunch M&G in North Austin? Thursday as it not Friday, a typical busy day prone to inattentive cagers running pay day errands.

so here I am updating and thinking I could start making this again!

The burgers here are not to bad. Corner of Burnet Rd and Hancock.

Time? 11:00 ish to 1:00 ish?

Last edited:
Re: Thursday North Austin Lunch

Any interest in a weekly lunch M&G in North Austin? Thursday as it not Friday, a typical busy day prone to inattentive cagers running pay day errands.

The burgers here are not to bad. Corner of Burnet Rd and Hancock.

Time? 11:30 ish to 1:00 ish?

Is that Billy's? :eat: (work blocks street view for some reason...)

Don't know if I could make it tomorrow, but I could plan for it in the future...

trey

That sounds good. What time?

When you said North Austin, I was thinking Wells Branch or something. This place looks to be Old North Austin. ;-)

Why yes it is Billy's on Burnet and it is in Old North Austin.
Outdoor seating.
There are several other choices, Taco Cabana, has outdoor sitting but they don't have the atmosphere Billys does.

I would think outdoor seating and good food would be the two primary criteria, location 3rd. Seeing hows nothing is set in internet stone, other ideas?
I can't make evening M&G as I work and I live out on the fringe. Besides here I don't get a lot of motorcyclist interaction and socializing.

How 'bout 11:30 at Billys Thursday? That's probably a bit before the lunch hour for most.

Re: Thursday North Austin Lunch M&G

I may try and make it since I don't have to work in San Antonio tomorrow. I will be in the car though.

Not sure where DaveC is, but I'll be at Billys at 11:30 tomorrow. Hope to see some others there too. :eat:

I'm new to the group. I met Dave (I think) at Billy's yesterday and he told me about it. I am taking my bike to a shop today to get new hard saddlebags put on in time for the long weekend, so I won't be able to make it to Billy's today. Otherwise, I would definitely be there.

I hope this becomes a regular thing, and I can meet everyone another time.

Kirby

Welcome to the forum, Kirby. :wave: I've been on here for a quite a while and have yet to meet but a few folks, even the locals. When it happens it happens. :zen:

I'm new to the group. I met Dave (I think) at Billy's yesterday and he told me about it. I am taking my bike to a shop today to get new hard saddlebags put on in time for the long weekend, so I won't be able to make it to Billy's today. Otherwise, I would definitely be there.

I hope this becomes a regular thing, and I can meet everyone another time.

Kirby

Welcome to the group! .....and you can always drive the cage to meet us to. It's OK. Really. ;-)

im taking off work from 2 today, i cant escape for lunch at 11:30 AND then leave at 2...next time!

im taking off work from 2 today, i cant escape for lunch at 11:30 AND then leave at 2...next time!

Why not?

Well the first M&G was had and four of us showed up, that makes it successful!

Kirby, good to see you signed on.

Bikes, trips and the fabulous weather were this weeks subjects, that and some tecn-o-geek stuff ;-) We all just acquired flip phones in the last year.:lol2:

Hope to see ya'll Thursday.

Yes, a pleasure to meet everyone. Good food, great company and primo weather made for one fine lunch.

I've got next Thur. penciled in. :eat:

CBAT- Glad to hear the goods made it. I'm thinking hard on this one......

Awwww, pickles...

Just now reading this.

OK, who is in for tomorrow (Thurs 05/28) lunch at Billy's Burgers?

I'll be there about 11:30 and maybe RTL (Randy) will be there as well up from the Valley.

I'm in. should be on the bike :rider:

I'll be on the road tomorrow. Riding up to visit friends parents at Lake Whitney. Just 'cause we can.

I might stop by for lunch if work allows.

Back