• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chaning up my Gear looking at some Scorpion Stuff

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
So I did the one-piece suit thing for about year now and :giveup: I really like the one piece in most instances but I want to be able to take off my jacket when stopped for breaks and lunch and I want to be able to ride with a jacket only during my commute or when I just don't feel like riding with riding pants.

I'm going to be replacing both my winter and Summer gear but am going to be just running this winter out with my one-piece and looking for some mesh summer stuff for the hot months right around the corner now.

The getup I'm looking at right now is the Scorpion XDR Master Mesh jacket and probably some other brands mesh pants. I was leaning towards the Fieldsheer Titanium Air-3s, the Olympia Recon 2 "transformer pants", or the Olympia Airglide pants. The jacket will be in neon yellow.

The Recon's ability to go to shorts is a non-issue for me as I don't wear my MC gear for outtings onthe beach but I would REALLY like to have some cargo pockets on my MC pants lol. But the Airglides work as overpants so that would be more benificial for commuting to work and not having to change once I get there.

My winter gear will the textile version of the jacket. It's called the XDR Commander I believe. And the XDR pants. I think the pants are sopoused to go with either the mesh or textile but IMO will be way to hot for Texas Summers with just knee vents to bring in fresh air.

Does anyone here have any any experience with any of this gear that can give me some good pointers?

Thanks,
Josh

I have Airglide 2/3 pants and an Airglide 2 jacket and I love them. The reason why I describe my pants as 2/3 is that when they moved from 2 to 3 the only thing that changed was the liner. 2s have a waterproof insulated liner and 3s are just waterproof. I bought the 2 liner to go with the 3 pants so now I have options. Motoliberty has the 2 liners for sale just now Airglide 2 liner

For the Winter I have an Olympia Voyager (short version of the AST) and it's great down to the low 40s. For Winter pants I have a pair of Firstgear over pants that I wear over Draggin Jeans.

Back