• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shark helmet

pub610

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Woodall
I'm looking for a full-face helmet and the parts guy at the local dealership recommends a Shark. Anyone know anything about them? Are the fairly quiet?

Shark is a good brand :mrgreen:

However, try several brands on and see what fits your noggin best....since heads come in different shapes and sizes, helmets fit differently so what may be an awesome helmet for one person may not fit worth a crap on another person.

I just got a shark S800. Absolutely love it. I was deciding between the KBC VR2, the HJC CL-SP and AC12, as well as the shark. I found a local (to me, Burleson, TX) dealer that stocked alot of sharks, and was able to try em on several times. Great venting, a little loud, but not bad. Great sheild, fast change and all that.

FWIW: The Shark website shows Kimpex to be the distributor and gives this phone number to find a local dealer

For all information:
1-800-777-7073

I have read several good reviews about them but never ran across any I could try on. Shark or Scorpion were my top picks before I lucked into my Shoei.

Just go to Moto Liberty. They stock tons of Shark helmets. My wife has one and I really do think that it is one of the best helmets made. But if you happen to have a longer head the Shark may not fit you. My Scorpion fits me great but when I tried on the Shark, my lips were about a 1/8" away from touching the chin bar. That was just too close for me.

Oh yeah, and check out the crumple zone when you go look at the Shark's. Once you see it, you'll want one I promise.

Back