• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red river battleground tour

Doug. The old route I had in furkot is no longer valid. Did you upload it to your own furkot account for viewing?
If not then Zephyr you may want to download a map program called “Tyre” it’s like a user friendly version of basecamp. That’s what I mapped the route with after I had a mini meltdown a couple of weeks ago. It also can easily upload the gpx to your gps (both garmin and Tomtom).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I guess I'm a little behind. Where can I find the new gpx file?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Well I guess I'm a little behind. Where can I find the new gpx file?

Post #80 Doug.

Sorry bud, I flat out spat the dummy trying to modify that route with Furkot and went back to Tyre.

Kyle, Gary and I will be coming up from Magnolia TX friday morning. Is the plan to meet you guys in Crockett or Nacagdoches?

Kyle, Gary and I will be coming up from Magnolia TX friday morning. Is the plan to meet you guys in Crockett or Nacagdoches?

Misterk it’s your call on that. Whatever is easiest for you. Let us know where and we will meet you there.

Misterk it’s your call on that. Whatever is easiest for you. Let us know where and we will meet you there.

What time are you guys leaving Waco? If you leave at 8ish we will do the same.

How about Crockett at 10am? Pick a spot.....

Looks like weather will be good, I dont mind the occasional shower or storm.
76187dd69f954cb9471b8aaf23c5694d.jpg
92a3524e956b70eb1bc59bf6d11cf681.jpg

What time are you guys leaving Waco? If you leave at 8ish we will do the same.

How about Crockett at 10am? Pick a spot.....

Looks like weather will be good, I dont mind the occasional shower or storm.
76187dd69f954cb9471b8aaf23c5694d.jpg
92a3524e956b70eb1bc59bf6d11cf681.jpg

I was thinking that we would be off and running by 0830 or so. Send me your number and I will give you a call when we leave. I don’t know much of anything about Crockett so if you know a good spot let me know and we will meet you there.

I was thinking that we would be off and running by 0830 or so. Send me your number and I will give you a call when we leave. I don’t know much of anything about Crockett so if you know a good spot let me know and we will meet you there.

I sent u my number. I will be at a gas station when u come into town.

There will be an awesome Tri-color Africa Twin, an ok red GSa and a decent black Goldwing lol

No problem. We will be on all kinds of stuff. Old blue BMW RT here though. You might notice how quiet the final drive is and how fresh the exhaust smells. I’ve been busy lol.

We will be at the whataburger on east side if Crockett eating yummy [emoji39] taquitos

9857f278652204162031a83560672f45.jpg

Game on...we shall have to compare breakfast photos haha.

Just an fyi, my friend Steve can't get off work Friday until 4pm. We're gonna head out that afternoon and spend one night in Shreveport, then plan to catch up with the group probably in Vicksburg on Saturday. He'll be on a blue K1200LT, me on silver K1600. On slightly different note, bedroom still available in Woodway for Thursday night.

I’m testing out BJ’s tonight to make sure it’s ok. So far the stout and the porter have been up to my discerning standards.

Big Kev, I'm out. Had a lot going on in the first part of the week while out of town. I'm feeling my age. and need to relax a bit. Y'all enjoy this great trip, southern accents, charm and history.

OK folks, I did get a chance today to look at the route in Basecamp while I was uploading it to Joe's GPS....its not pretty, apparently Garmin got really confused just east of Mansfield and added about 300 miles of insanity to the route. Joe was going to play with it in Basecamp so keep your eyes peeled for a new uploaded route from him this evening. I will be bringing my laptop to BJ's tonight if anyone needs to upload the new gpx to their GPS.
I am also attaching a word doc with the route on it with this post. I have made copies for everyone who will be at BJ's tonight, but if you arent going to BJ's then please print one off for yourself as a just in case tech fails thing.
Look forward to seeing you tonight guys.

Attachments

• Vicksburg Route.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
Also. When I plugged my gps in just now there is a new map update available too, so if you haven’t updated you may want to.

Also. When I plugged my gps in just now there is a new map update available too, so if you haven’t updated you may want to.

I saw a yellow Super Ten hedded toward the twin bridges about 4:30 this afternoon

I bet I kno who....

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Indeed my garmin v would not even allow me to lock onto any satellites without doing the map update.

Back