• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs

Many thanks to Pacman for organizing the ride and for providing trailering services. I hope all had safe rides home.
90b1b0e19b85ba545ff7a060a1a58069.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

How did Andrew get home?
He hauled his bike home in a pickup truck that his father in law drove up Friday evening. I was happy to get his spot in Pacman's trailer given the weather forecast.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RZ Rich n I did ok on the way home today. Only a bit of rain up on Talimena Skyline Dr near Talihina. There was a pretty cool light show coming from Corsicana to Waco....rolled in 9:15.....the cold front hit while I was gassin up on Loop 340... Sprinklin at the house now.
Hadta be another 600 miles ...left at 8 this mornin on wet roads till about Ozark...2 stops for food along the way...
( the Skyline Cafe in Mena is as good as always...& Braums...well...ice cream ..ok)
Great time for us all....even with the rain!

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Jack, Vernon and I left Saturday after checking weather forecast. Was good ride back down pig trail,then heavy rain south of Arkansas river. Spent the night in Paris, not as wet as I was Tuesday(used the one piece rain suit this time). No regrets, was an adventure thanks to rain. Thanks again to Pacman for organizing event, was first trip of this length.

IMG_0638.jpeg

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_0643.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who joined the trip. Despite the rain I had a great time and really enjoyed everyone's company. Special thanks to Andrew and Bob for keeping me company on the trips up and back.

I'm already thinking about the next trip. Since Larry sold Swiss Village Inn it seems like the perfect opportunity to explore new horizons.

I wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who joined the trip. Despite the rain I had a great time and really enjoyed everyone's company. Special thanks to Andrew and Bob for keeping me company on the trips up and back.

I'm already thinking about the next trip. Since Larry sold Swiss Village Inn it seems like the perfect opportunity to explore new horizons.

:tab LOTS of great street and dirt riding in the areas around Jasper, Harrison, Mountain View, and Mountain Home. Best lodging accommodations for bigger groups (20+) would be in Harrison, Mountain Home, and Mountain View. There are a few places in Jasper that might be able to handle a big group. That cafe in Jasper where you picked us up Thursday night had great food.

Re: TWT 2018 Fall Rally - Eureka Springs - NOW WITH DIRT!!

1-Always love your pictures!
2- How did the Scrambler do? Seems like a nice alternative.
3-Didn't know you came back early, any chance you were blasting down 980 on your 500 Saturday? Was on top of Judge Farris's deck we're building and saw one go by!

Glad you made it back safe.

1. Thanks!

2. He seemed to be doing great, even after the flat!! I could not believe how well the bike rode with a totally flat tire, on the gravel and on the pavement! I guess the DS tire has a really stiff side wall. It did not look torn up at all afterward and his rim did not have any dings that I noticed.

3. I did not ride Saturday. The 530 EXC is down waiting on some much needed TLC. I did get out for a nice ride on Sunday on the 1200 GS. It was 90F when I got to Yankee's. All the dirt roads North of 30 where in pretty rough condition from water running over them. Even so, they weren't muddy except in a few limited places. I did have to drive through water over the road in a few spots. Once I got South of 30, there was hardly any indication of heavy rains. The creeks weren't even up!?

Found a fraudulent charge on the card I used throughout the Arkansas trip.

Hopefully unrelated, but wanted to throw it out there just in case others from the trip were impacted as well.

Found a fraudulent charge on the card I used throughout the Arkansas trip.

Hopefully unrelated, but wanted to throw it out there just in case others from the trip were impacted as well.

From a restaurant, gas station, hotel,...?

I did a TAR Junction ride years back and the lady at the old hotel where we stayed went NUTS with our credit cards! The hotel bill for the whole time was $400. I ended up with around $1600 charged. It was eventually removed and they traced it back to her, but I don't know what ever happened to her. When we were checking in, she was acting like she was having all kinds of problems with the credit card and it took forever. Apparently, this is when she was intentionally adding multiple charges.

I will often use cash on trips like this for just this reason, especially for gas stations in little towns that may not have pay at the pump.

From a restaurant, gas station, hotel,...?
I got a $67 refund for leaving early then a $65 charge for dog food hit my card yesterday. Probably just a coincidence.

little towns that may not have pay at the pump.
Hehe, that reminds me, I guess I got a little fussy about having to go in to pay in Arkansas. Steve was giving me grief about it :)

I got a $67 refund for leaving early...

From the hotel? We were told no refund for Friday/Saturday nights. Of course, we left Friday morning, so Friday night is no surprise. I think they had a 48 hr cancellation policy though.

From the hotel? We were told no refund for Friday/Saturday nights. Of course, we left Friday morning, so Friday night is no surprise. I think they had a 48 hr cancellation policy though.

I guess I asked nicely?

This happened on October 13. What a maroon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine how many people would likely have drowned if that bridge had failed and the bus toppled into the river... MASSIVE lawsuit and the bus company would lose in a heart beat!

But that will be a small group trip and not a full blown open invite rally type of trip, right?
I meant you. Just got back from a long trip and already planning the the next one :)

I'd be up to go back to Eureka Springs again.

I meant you. Just got back from a long trip and already planning the the next one :)

Oh.. .that!? :lol2:

No not really. Just hoping to see some other folks continue organizing rides/trips for others to join. As much fun as it might be to engage in banter with folks on the forum, it is FAR more fun to actually ride with them, enjoy meals together, and just hang out in the evenings after a good ride.

Back