• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Late notice for Cheeseburger run

We did a portion of it today! roads were beat up but no mud or water left over any of the roads. I'm good almost anytime, let me know and I'll see if I can get a couple of guys together.

I thought of that! But I wasn't near ANYTHING to tie onto.

My cuz (woods rider in old "square" Land Rovers from waay back) says the problem with winches is that the cable is always 2ft shorter than the distance to the nearest tree. He's probably right. :mrgreen:

*snip* ... The sides were quicksand, would have needed a wrecker to get out of that stuff.

Have pics of the wrecker that came to get my truck out of the mud up Nawth (Bonham area) and of the 2nd wrecker he had to call to get him out but can't find them right off. If Wrecker Driver #1 had paid attention when I told him where NOT to go, he wouldn't have been mired down. But NO . . . he knew what he was doing (notwithstanding that I'd walked the bog before driving around The Hole, then got stuck abt 150yds further on, around a curve, mud 2-track completely under water).

Cheeseburger run abt to happen: Sonic => half-price for single-patty CB's today, 31May16, so I'll have to get four to make two good ones. And of course there'll be a Large S'berry Malt to wash 'em down. :eat:

Last edited:
We did a portion of it today! roads were beat up but no mud or water left over any of the roads. I'm good almost anytime, let me know and I'll see if I can get a couple of guys together.

I am game too, would love to today though. Let me know.

Cheers!

Depending on weather, I MIGHT can do this around 1 on Sunday the 5th. Havn't attained my kitchen pass yet. Let me know if there is interest.

CR 190 through the old lignite mines is impassable as of 6/4/16.

Nobody wants to get wet today! lol 70% for rain and time to leave for church, so I'll do this some other day! Have a great day folks!

Gibbons Creek and CR 190. 6-4-16

IMG_2053_zpsdw5hep6n.jpg

wow, I've been through it with water but that looks way too deep.

wow, I've been through it with water but that looks way too deep.

I made it about half way and could not see the road base anymore so I dismounted and backed the bike around. The water was inches from the air intakes.

Back