• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wild Bill rides to Cerro Potosi one final time - Galeana MX, DS Ride - May 24th-27th

Keep us posted. I will be interested in your adventure whenever it happens. :popcorn:

Will do.
On another note, I have been able to bounce them nice newly refurbished forks around a bit. They're better than new! Thanks!

If it is a quick trip, 3 days or so, I'll try to join in the fun. Busy busy, but really needing a bit of vacation.

I've been crazy busy too. I could have used this! Well, at least I won't have so much catching up to do next Monday.

I won't have time for an extended trip until much later in the year, but I'm going to shoot for a 3 or 4 day trip that includes the weekend. I just can't figure out when right now.

Yup im definitely out for this ride, looks like doug n his buddy r da only lucky ones makin da trek n via los ebanos ferry (da coolest way to cross da rio grande), them r some lucky guys, n we might meet up tonite for some texmex border dinner, my treat, again sorry for gettin u all riled up, but a promise i will make to chris n phillip n peter next time we head to galeana is a round of INDIO beer on me.

Last edited:
Yup im definitely out for this ride, looks like doug n his buddy r da only lucky ones makin da trek n via los ebanos ferry (da coolest way to cross da rio grande), them r some lucky guys, n we might meet up tonite for some texmex border dinner, my treat, again sorry for gettin u all riled up, but a promise i will make to chris n phillip n peter next time we head to galeana is a round of INDIO beer on me.

Free Beer!!!:chug:

I am itching to get down to Old Mexico, and to do it soon. There's a fighting chance I can join y'all, regardless of the date.

It looks like this is a go for me. I plan on leaving this Sunday the 12th and will head down to the Galeana area for a few days of R&R. Anybody is welcome to ride along. I will be on my XR.

David

I wish I could join you. Work has me traveling almost continuously for the next couple of weeks.

It looks like this is a go for me. I plan on leaving this Sunday the 12th and will head down to the Galeana area for a few days of R&R. Anybody is welcome to ride along. I will be on my XR.

David
that would be awesome, but still cant do, happy trails

Guys,

It's a bummer, but I totally understand. Trying to get away these days is next to impossible... If anybody else is interested, the beer is on me the first night.

David

David

I'm back home. Great trip. I'll try to put up a ride report when I have some time. I said a silent prayer for Wild Bill while in the Galeana area. I also took dirt over to Concepcion Del Oro and scoped out that area. I'm already planning another trip...

I'm back home. Great trip. I'll try to put up a ride report when I have some time. I said a silent prayer for Wild Bill while in the Galeana area. I also took dirt over to Concepcion Del Oro and scoped out that area. I'm already planning another trip...

Looking forward to it. Maybe drop a link here when you do?

nice, glad to hear all OK, likewise let me know ur next planned ride, maybe bill will make it then, and he was guy who would've appreciated that prayer, thanks

nice, glad to hear all OK, likewise let me know ur next planned ride, maybe bill will make it then, and he was guy who would've appreciated that prayer, thanks

Well, I've managed to talk my way into being able to take a couple of days off from work this month. I was sort of surprised when they agreed to it!

Hopefully, the weather won't squash it this time, but I'm planning on crossing the border early on Friday the 22nd and leaving Galeana early morning Monday the 25th.
My day 1 route may be a bit optimistic and I may have to cut some of it out depending on how the slab part goes.

Here's my planned day 1 route:

Day%201%20Route_zpsgc2xeejp.jpg

And here's my day 2 plan:

Day%202%20Route_zpsj0dklb9w.jpg

I haven't decided on day 3 yet. There are so many options, but since I've never been down there, I figure that I'll just make my mind up based on the previous two days.

Zeke, if you're able to make it, that would be awesome! I'm open to any other potential routes, by the way.

If anyone else wants to come along, you're welcome too. Especially if you have any sort of grasp of the Spanish language!

Last edited:
Well, I've managed to talk my way into being able to take a couple of days off from work this month. I was sort of surprised when they agreed to it!

Hopefully, the weather won't squash it this time, but I'm planning on crossing the border early on Friday the 22nd and leaving Galeana early morning Monday the 25th.
My day 1 route may be a bit optimistic and I may have to cut some of it out depending on how the slab part goes.

Here's my planned day 1 route:

Day%201%20Route_zpsgc2xeejp.jpg

And here's my day 2 plan:

Day%202%20Route_zpsj0dklb9w.jpg

I haven't decided on day 3 yet. There are so many options, but since I've never been down there, I figure that I'll just make my mind up based on the previous two days.

Zeke, if you're able to make it, that would be awesome! I'm open to any other potential routes, by the way.

If anyone else wants to come along, you're welcome too. Especially if you have any sort of grasp of the Spanish language!

Tempting. Will follow to see what develops.

Chris,

Stay as high up in elevation as you can. The river bottoms are mucho calore right now. This was today. My wife and I are back down in Galeana area...

image_zpscyyrzypz.jpg

Chris,

Stay as high up in elevation as you can. The river bottoms are mucho calore right now. This was today. My wife and I are back down in Galeana area...

Thanks. I'm going to use that advice as much as possible.

It's been hovering just below 100 here today, and supposed to go over it tomorrow. The weather channel is actually showing it a little cooler in General Bravo, and significantly cooler in Galeana than it is in San Antonio!

Ughh, I just finished mowing the yard. Shower time.

Back