• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

car tire change

billie

Reaction score
Dealer will not change to car tire. Any one in Wichita Falls that will change it. More than happy to pay for it.

I have mine changed at a local car tire store. They can change motorcycle rims also. I had to tell one place that it was for a sidecar, but the new, local guy is fine with it.

As stated, if you can remove the wheel from the bike, then just turn up and say its for a sidecar and most places will usually change the tyre.. If you turn up on the bike and want them to remove the wheel and change the tyre, it will be more difficult to find somewhere that will do it, due to warranty/liability issues for the garage.

Gary

I agree with the above; if you just take the wheel in and tell them it's off a sidecar or trailer it should be fine. Discount Tire does mine and a local shop has no problem putting it on the bike. Another larger Gold Wing shop refuses to touch it though.

Back