• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How do? from Keller,TX

Reaction score
Well....I have been posting on here for a bit now and thought I'd at least introduce myself.

My name is Eric Kancir and I am originally from the Pittsburgh,PA area. Moved to TX back in 1991 and joined the CMRA in 1993. I have been roadracing all these years and also taught at track days and this is the first year since I started that I will probably not touch a paved track.....in a race situation anyway. I started XC racing back in '04 and have been doing that ever since due to the friends and family thing as well as the challenge of the sport and personal fitness and endurance.

I also ride on the street on occasion but mostly to work. I haven't been on a trip in a long time but hope to change that soon. With my racing and such.....I have no time,money or desire to ride on the street. But all of that is changing and I am wanting to get a bike for the comfort and function of long trips.

I heard about this site from another dirt riding buddy so I thought I'd ck it out and next to KTM Talk......this is a very cool site......especially since it is all local guys. I enjoy KTM Talk for the main fact of gaining knowledge on KTMs but the site is worldwide and very popular. Their trip report section is awesome due to the fact that you get pictures from various countries.

OK...enough rambling.....that's really about it.....so I hope to get invited to a meet soon and maybe get out and ride a bit.

Cya soon......

:welcome: Eric

The Tarrant County group meets on Tuesday nights each week, place TBD, for motorcycle talk & food.

There has been a Friday night ice cream group the last few weeks - not sure if it is a go for tomorrow...

There is a tech day in Mansfield on Saturday 7/7/07.

There will probably be a ride to the Hard 8 BBQ in Stephenville the following Saturday, 7/14.

consider yourself invited!
:mrgreen:

I noticed you are sporting new orange plastic. What do you think of that new 300KTM?

Still new to me but pretty cool thus far......still trying to learn it and set it up for me.

If they electric start it for next year I may be in for one. I can't help it I am old and lazy. I love the electric starter on my 450.

We meet up at the Snooty Pig (Alliance Airport location) for b-fast every Saturday morning between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. Anyone is welcome and we're always excited about new people showing up. Feel free to join us this Saturday.

If you don't know where it is:

North on IH-35, exit Westport Parkway, take a left, and SP will be in the shopping center on the right. Hope to see you there sometime.

Back