• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy!

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caubarreaux
I did it! I got a bike. 97 suz marauder 800. got it in a horse trade for my old truck. title for title. needs a few things done, (fork seals are shot, new tires, lines from tank are seeping from gasket) and a lot of cleaning and polishing. the bike has been stored outside somewhere down by the gulf. lots of corrosion/oxidation. but i rode it!!! (first bike---can you tell?) just up and down a 100-150' long dead end street. stayed in first and just practiced turning/balancing. will be while before im on the road, my cash flow always seems to get rerouted. still need to take off work and find out where to get the title stuff done. little about me.... i used to work with Scott and Casey while i was in school. moved to Colorado for a couple of years and just moved back to Tomball in Dec. i work off of i-10 and barker, where are a few places to look at gear to determine sizes, and a better Suzuki place than the one in Tomball. they are very small and dont have much in stock. thanks for any and all help/sugestions/opinions you have.
Chris

Does anyone have a fork seal driver for inverted forks 41mm?

Congrats on the bike.

Try Wild West Honda on I-10 to look at gear. They have a decent selection.

It is common practice to use a piece of appropriate diameter PVC pipe as a fork seal driver. Done it myself, works like a charm. Much cheaper than the fancy tools.

Dave

Better late than never :-P :lol2:

You did do the MSF a few years back right? :scratch:

no. not yet. im looking at awsome cycles but trying to wait until September to get a little break from the heat. I WILL NOT RIDE OUTSIDE OF MY NEIGHBORHOOD WITHOUT TAKING THE CLASS i promiss. (my neighborhood is only a few streets and most are col-de-sacs). after three years of listening to you everyday talk about this class and the priciples behind it, programming me.....i just see a little verzion of you sitting on my shoulder. i just feel i should be alittle more familure with it so i don't drop it again, inside the garage.:doh:

Back