• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dust to Glory 2 - Reminder!

Any thoughts on film, Tourmeister, his son, myself, and my wife went in Conroe. Was totally surprised, only 10-12 or so folks there!

If anyone gets info on dvd availability or possibly streaming please post up-missed it here in Beaumont

Only four people in theater I went to in spring.
I thought there wasn’t enough motorcycle action.

:tab I liked it. Sure, I'm always ready for more motorcycle action, but this was about more than just the motorcycle aspect of racing. The first movie just focused on the actual Baja 1000 race. This had more about the whole season of racing, the various teams and people, and a bit more about Mexico. It has something for everyone. That is a LOT to cram into 110 minutes. I thought it had some pretty cool footage from races, onboard, helicopter, drone, etc,... Overall, I thought it did a great job of conveying the feel of the whole off road racing community, the machines, the motivations, the ups and downs of racing, the triumphs and tragedies, and more. I will definitely buy it on DVD when it comes out.

:tab I was amazed at the poor showing of viewers though. Yes, the weather was in full on suck mode last night. Still... I just wonder how much upfront promotion it got. I was not aware of it at all until someone posted about it here just a week or so ago. But for that, I would have missed it.

:tab It DEFINITELY made me want to go ride!!

We had about 20 people in Dallas, "technical difficulties" meant we got started late & people were pretty disgruntled having to sit through some SEMA promo for 10 mins beforehand.

Other than that I felt it was enjoyable but as basebill said, a little too much touchy-feely family and not enough racing. The first one was better but then again, it did have an element of surprise at the amazing racing footage which by now we all expected from #2.

: I was amazed at the poor showing of viewers though. Yes, the weather was in full on suck mode last night. Still...

Last year, the year before? When we had all the cobblestone ice on the roads.... there were packed houses for the motorcycle movie we went to see.

We had about 20 BMWDFW club members at the Grapevine show last night and that made for about 30 bodies in the seats.

Agree with your review of the show. I would've like more "speed" shots, but I liked the personality profiles of this show. :clap:

I thought it was going to be a packed house and convinced my Buds that we needed to get there early if we wanted a good seat. I took some razzing when everyone had finished their popcorn before the lights even went down!

Last edited:
Last year, the year before? When we had all the cobblestone ice on the roads.... there were packed houses for the motorcycle movie we went to see.

We had about 20 BMWDFW club members at the Grapevine show last night and that made for about 30 bodies in the seats.

Agree with your review of the show. I would've like more "speed" shots, but I liked the personality profiles of this show. :clap:

I thought it was going to be a packed house and convinced my Buds that we needed to get there early if we wanted a good seat. I took some razzing when everyone had finished their popcorn before the lights even went down!

Me too, I was expecting a lot of folks. Oh well. Personally it was ok but I won't be buying it. Some good footage but overall a snooze fest for me.

Back