• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Kingwood

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Doughtie
Just thought I would say hi. Been reading these forums for a little bit and decided to register. Rode dirt bikes when I was a kid, then went to college and worked on career. Got back in to riding about thirteen years ago. I don't get to ride as much now with a 23mo baby girl, but in a couple of years, she gets a pw50 to ride with daddy. Raced MX and Hare Scrambles. Sucked at both, but still had fun. I'm going to sell my yz250f and consider a 450f or Vstrom. I've got a DRZ400s that I'd like to take to the National Forest and play around on. I have stiffer springs that I need to install so I won't bottom out so much. Hope I get to ride with some of you guys in the near future.

:tab Welcome to the site :wave: I can't wait my daughter to reach the pegs on a little 50, hehe. She's just over 13 months right now though so we have some time. She loves being around bikes and gets very excited when she sees them. Starts making all kinds of motor noises :lol2:

Welcome to the site.I'm new here too.I live in Walden on the lake and ride all the outlaw trails in this neck of the woods.Do you ride your DRZ as a dualsport or offroad only?

thumper said:
Do you ride your DRZ as a dualsport or offroad only?
Both:rider: In fact, I'm giving some thought about doing a Hare Scrambles with it and using the turn signals and the horn during the race. Where are the outlaw trails, by the way?

That's a pretty good idea! There trails all over the west end of Atascocita and a few west of Kingwood.Some good starting points are...take West Lake Houston going south of 1960, go over the RR bridge and look for anywhere to go in on the right, there's alot of jeep roads that lead to different trails, another is keep going south to BWY8,turn right, go thru the first light, look at power lines crossing,on the south side you can go under one of the towers[the fence has been down there for the last year]. When you go in follow the easement and look for the jeep road on the right going into the woods.Nethier of these areas are posted or have a mantained fence line.There's plenty more including Huffman,Roman Forest, and even downtown Humble.Let me know if you wanna go ride!

I'm up for it. I just need to re-wire my tail light and put in my stiffer springs. The suspension is just too soft for me. Once I get that done, I'll get in touch with you and we'll go. It sounds fun.

Back