• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #192 - "Texas Strong" (ENTRY) Due 10-16-17

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
Post your ENTRY for Photo Assignment #192 - "Texas Strong" here.

Closing Date: 10/16/2017 Midnight

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
i-ZNC4kfM-XL.jpg

Well, you two have made this a tough one! Both are excellent shots. There's nothing to pick apart on either. For this one, I'm going with the one that I feel best suits the assignment. Deco gets it by the slimmest of margins. Thank you both for contributing!

I'm going out on a limb and say Kyle and Rusty went on a photo walk-about together....

Congrats Kyle..... Both are great images.

The damsel with the bee stung lips perched on top of Capital has never had one person say they posed for the sculptor. A close-up look at her is all it takes to see why.
I liked both, very good photography. What did the winning shot entail to come up with shot? It looks like several combined.

11mm at f/13 in that location will yield those kinds of results......

Nope, we were not together. I was at the capital with family who was in town visiting. I was tempted to use a shot from inside the extension, through the skylight, of the dome, kind of a reverse of Kyle's.

What I really wanted to take a shot of was the Texas Strong shirts in the HEB, but it didn't work out.

3 bracketed shots.

i-F8trPM9-XL.jpg

Last edited:
And congratulations to Kyle. Looking forward to the next assignment.

Thanks all. I was a fun shoot. I had not been to the Capitol since I was a kid. Lots of subjects. It would be a great place for a photo walk.
I have seen a close up image of the lady on top. And your right, she’s not what most would call a Venus. I have heard that her facial features were greatly exaggerated in order for some detail to be seen when she is viewed from way below.
It is a single image shot from a tripod. I was really lucky to be able to get everything in the frame with the 11mm. I shot it with a Canon M3. A great little camera that fits a tight budget and great size and weight for the tank bag. Just as long as your subject is not moving �� the AF system is not that great.
Scott is right, that location produces a good image. I was just lucky to be there at the right time.
I'll try to get the next assignment up before the weekend.

Last edited:
Back