• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Houston

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Hernandez
I am Joel and I live in Houston. I ride an 03 Kawa ZX9R. I have been riding for nearly 25 yrs. now. I started riding as a teen riding MX. I bought my 1st bike from my neighbor(mom& dad didnt know:doh: ) a yz80. I kept the bike at my neighbors house till they found me riding the yami in the fields till after dark.
My next bike was an RM 250 which was a terror:eek2: It kept me out of trouble while growing up in N. Houston but was really too much for a hormone juiced teen. I stopped riding after finding a niche in sports like baseball, basketball and football.
In my mid 20's I became the proud owner of a zx6r that a friend dumped in front of my house( he broke his leg and didnt want the bike anymore so we wheeled together a deal - my car for his bike)
I eventually layed that bike over and stopped riding for 10 yrs.
Fast forward to the present:
I bought my latest bike used, a lime green ZX9R and have been riding it for a little over a year 1/2 now. Its been wonderful back on two wheels again and needless to say I enjoy riding a lot more now that I have matured (somewhat) I have not been riding very much the last two yrs as I was overseas working in Iraq. I am back home and have found great joy in sharing my love for motorcycling with my 3 sons. I look forward to many more miles out riding. I bought my 2 oldest some pocketbikes and take them out to the
park and empty lots to ride also.
Well, I hope to get to know some of you and partake in some rides ( as busy as I am with my boys I still get time to ride)
I have met Squeaky and Rocketbunny at a Monday meet in Houston so Hello to you 2:rider:
Hello to all!:thumb:

JROCK looks familiar.:mrgreen:

Welcome to TWT! :rider: :wave:

.. and cute picture in your profile!

Faylaricia said:

its a mini-Viffer!

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Ok, did anyone else hear the "Fraggle Rock" theme song in their head when they read his username?

:lol2:

(Welcome, by the way! :mrgreen: )

Welcome!

Nice ride you have. My previous was a purplish black mica '00 ZX9. Last of the comfortable full on sport bikes!;-)

Faylaricia said:

:mrgreen: Yes you know me from the other forum:clap:

I might have seen a few of you out on the web but anyways
Thanks for the warm welcome people. As I get to know the site I am sure I will recognize a few more of your names.

Back