• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Gear in FtW

brd

Reaction score
Anybody been in the new Cycle Gear store in Ft. Worth (Alta Mere just S of I-30 next to Yamaha West) yet? They just opened up last Tuesday. Seems like a pretty cool place to me. :wink:

How bout a phone number and street address? That way we can look it up on maps.yahoo.com.

I work at Lockheed--that's just a hoot n a holler away--I'll try to go there tomorrow at lunch. I've seen the storefront for awhile, but last time I went by on the way to the Honda dealership, they were still closed.

Story at 11...

buck000 said:
Re: address, according to http://www.cyclegear.com/store locations.html , it's 3032 Alta Mere Dr.

I visited the new Austin store, pretty nice, got to talking with a sales guy, he was very patient listening to my lame newbie tales, so thumbs up to them. :)

:dude: Alright!!!, another shop here in Austin.

:pound: Aww ****, another shop here in Austin thats up North!!!!!!

But really, I have only good things about these stores from my friends in CA, but I guess it will all depend on the staff. I am glad to hear Paul that you had a good experience. I will have to check this place out.

Never been to the one in FTW yet, but the one in Plano has received lots of money from me.

I've found some good deals on MX gear for my 11 year old son and they also offer some great specials from time to time.

I'll be picking up a couple of tanks bags from them this weekend as a matter of fact.

Cheers,
Pete

Cycle Gear -- FTW

Well, went to the newly opened Cycle Gear store on the west side of FW today at lunch. Lots of gear, including dirt, street, racing. Carried Joe Rocket, Motoboss, Dainese, Frank Murphy, Firstgear. Prices looked good--had some Motoboss air jackets for 129, Joe Rocket Ballistic 3.0 for 119. They also carry tires, Sportec M1's were 119 for frt (120/17), 129 for rear (180/17). Best of all, they mount & balance carry in tires for 20 or 22 per (can't remember), MUCH better than the laughable quote of 105 for a ride-in frt tire change I got from the yamaha dealership, 100 yards away. Also carried Shoei, Arai, KBC helmets.

Didn't get the address, but they're on the west side of Altamere, just south of I30 in a strip mall before you get to the Yami/Suzuki & Honda/Kawi dealerships. Prices look MUCH better than either of those, more in line with MAW. Definitely worth a look IMO.

Tourmeister--if you send me some of your biz cards, I'd gladly run them over & have them put in front of register. They said their tire mounting equipment will be up this weekend, so figure I'll take the new concours tire in for mounting--could drop off then.

:chug:
Chad

Cycle Gear in Plano

OK, I found the new Cycle Gear shop in Plano (75 and Parker on the southbound access road). Good selection, great helmet prices, even mount and balance tires. So I order the new Michelin Pilot Roads from SWMototires.come. They're still 20% cheaper than retail. Mount and balance supposed to be about $20 per wheel. So I remove the wheels from my 93 VFR (so cool, all white) and clean them real good and check for scratches and damage.

So I take the wheels and tires to them at 12 Noon. Be back about 2. OK. NOTE: Nice and clean and unscratched.

Back at 2. Sorry, haven't even started. OK. I'll wait (as in start now).

So Joey (fresh from Walmart) starts. Doesn't really know how to use the machine. Finally, he discoveres where all the controls are and begins.

After 2 hours, 3 sets on valve stems (I wanted the metal so rubber fatigue is not an issue), I have my new tires all mounted and balanced with new rubber valve stems (OK, black looks cool with the white wheels). Nice scratches in the rims and greasy hand prints everywhere. But I do get a 10% discount for waiting. :angryfir: And it only takes me another hour to clean and repair the damage before polishing them for remount.

My recommendation, go elsewhere for service, prices good on some items, like some helmets. Good selection though.

YMMV.

Larry

Actually, something similar kinda happened to me at the new FW location. Took my wheel in, dropped off, said it'd be about an hour. Hour and a half later, call, nope, we'll get right on it, though, which they did. They had it waiting for me when I got there. Started mounting it, get her on, buttoning back up, when I hear "plink, plink". All weights fell right off, so I got to unbutton everything & head back to the store. THey were very apologetic, got right to it, and gave me a 15% coupon. I'll let them slide the first time, especially since the other poopflingers around here don't do any better, but charge more than double the 22.50 Cycle Gear charged me. Getting ready to put the house in KS on the market. If it sells and I buy down here, I'm DEFINITELY getting my own tire changing equipment.

Back