• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF tomorrow morning

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm taking my KLR to SHNF tomorrow morning if it's not raining.... Any good riding out there? Anyone want to join me? I know it's last minute, but why not.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If you plan on riding the actual trails, you will need the OHV sticker. Also, I am not sure the trails are reopened yet. They have been closed for quite some time now.

See here:
http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110508

However, you can still ride any of the forest/county roads in the area and you don't need anything special for that since your KLR is street legal.

Ok, great. I don't have my OHV sticker yet, so forest/county roads it is.

Thank you!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Bossman is right, no need to worry about sticker, trails are closed and will be for sometime. When reopen you will need a sticker, by then you can get the new year one. They run Aug to Aug.

Service roads are open but keep an eye out for washouts that havn't been repaired.

Service roads are open but keep an eye out for washouts that havn't been repaired.

Good advice. I rode out there in May and there were a few washouts but not bad. Scariest thing was going over a rise and seeing a tree down blocking the road. Got stopped in time but road was rutted and sandy which made turning around a pain.

Back