• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston accident

Although they were brand new purchases, there is no indication as to whether or not they were brand new riders.

The ABC website has a discussion area and as of this morning there were 18 posts talking about this. About half clamoring for more legislation to ensure that buyers are qualified to ride before being sold a bike, and the other logical responses are discussing the whole personal responsibility angle instead of hanging it on the bike shop.

Hmmm....I once had to tighten the handlebar clamps after arriving home with my new bike. Care to guess which way a throttle rotates when the bars are pushed forward during a stop? I've also had a front caliper bolt fall out before 100 miles, thereby rotating the caliper upward and locking the front wheel. Where is the news expose on that kind of crap? Perhaps mechanical issues were to blame.

Meet the setup tech at a local Austin dealer:

chimp.jpg

The management only said that accidents could happen and offered to fix it for free (duh, you think). Especially after what they charged for setup fees.

wow - there are people out there who seriously think that you should have to be 'qualified' to buy a motorcycle?

how the heck would you learn to ride a bike in the first place then?

lol

reminds me of that politician who wanted to pass a law that would require seatbelts on motorcycles.....

lame....

Start small and work your way up, Tiered License requirements are common in many parts of the world and not a bad idea, The average 16-20 year old has no business getting a fast bike or a large or heavy bike for a first ride its just asking for trouble, it is a way to weed out the gene pool though but in the end we all pay the price with higher insurance rates and bad press

Back