• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SETEX 200 December 10th

JcatDRZ

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing this ride next Saturday? I know it is short notice, but it sure seems fun!

It looks like a dang good ride from every angle. I'd like to ride it but we're already lined up for the Dec. meet and greet at Granger lake for that weekend. You can likely get a group together by pushing it back a week or two.

It looks like a dang good ride from every angle. I'd like to ride it but we're already lined up for the Dec. meet and greet at Granger lake for that weekend. You can likely get a group together by pushing it back a week or two.

I am perfectly fine with pushing it back a few weeks (probably after the 1st) if we can get a better group together. I am in no real rush honestly!

I was not aware of the meet and greet, do you have a link to all the information?

I am perfectly fine with pushing it back a few weeks (probably after the 1st) if we can get a better group together. I am in no real rush honestly!

Or just run it again after the New Years. Depending on the rainfall the week or two prior that route can change dramatically. Can go from a mudfest to a sahara sandfest very quickly and seem like an entirely different route.

Looking like I'll be around that weekend now so I'm planning to join. But forecast is showing heavy rains between now and then so might be un-rideable for my big bike.

_

Or just run it again after the New Years. Depending on the rainfall the week or two prior that route can change dramatically. Can go from a mudfest to a sahara sandfest very quickly and seem like an entirely different route.

Looking like I'll be around that weekend now so I'm planning to join. But forecast is showing heavy rains between now and then so might be un-rideable for my big bike.

_

Yeah, that is my concern at the moment. We are supposed to get quite a bit of rain in the Houston area this weekend, and east TX will get it as well..

I say lets play it by ear until we figure out what the terrain will be like. Sound good? We can make a greater decision the first part of next week..

I enjoyed this area last weekend. I may be up for another round, but will be watching weather and conditions as well.

I enjoyed this area last weekend. I may be up for another round, but will be watching weather and conditions as well.

I'll watch too, but like Silverbullet, on my big bike no way can I do a mud run. Eventually I'll get a more appropriate bike but not now!

I'll watch too, but like Silverbullet, on my big bike no way can I do a mud run. Eventually I'll get a more appropriate bike but not now!

As dry as it has been, the sand up there will soak it up fairly quickly. A little moisture is actually good to keep the dust down.

Hopefully there won't be much rain after this weekend in that area.

Have a good weekend everyone!

If its Orange you can say hes done that. I might be in on this one if its not nasty I don't have a KTM like Rob.

Problem is dirtytyder, if i go I'll be on a BMW! ha

Problem is dirtytyder, if i go I'll be on a BMW! ha

But your BMW is from this century. dirtyrider's bike rolled out of Bavaria when Ronald Reagan was President. It does have "ABS" though, that rear drum brake and front single disc won't lock up even if Scotty "gives her all she's got". Lol

_

Yeah I guess back then they started ABS and didn't know it. The old thing sure is comfortable though that's why I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess back then they started ABS and didn't know it. The old thing sure is comfortable though that's why I like it.

And you still fly along at a great pace on that bike, I was impressed. Glad to see you're thinking to join this Saturday.

_

Kountze has gotten quite a bit of rain, and it looks like there is some more headed that way on Wednesday/Thursday..

Opinions?

Saturday looks like it will be fine. Road condition is more of the concern I think. We'll just have to see how much rain the week holds and keep an eye on Saturday's forecast.

Saturday looks like it will be fine. Road condition is more of the concern I think. We'll just have to see how much rain the week holds and keep an eye on Saturday's forecast.

We've had a ton in Huntsville, there won't be dust. Not familiar with the roads so no idea how they dry, but it's cold and cloudy all week. There won't be much drying out imo. But of course to each their own decision.

On that note, I wouldn't mind having some idea of the planned track unless it's basically the same as a week ago. A google maps version would be really nice, but a general are description will do as well.

Screenshot_2016-11-30-10-03-35_zpskykf5cyu.jpg

I am still down to make the ride, I would just like to keep an eye on the weather and condition of the roads. If they are nothing but a mud pit it will not be enjoyable. Tires just cake up, and you continually go down. Been there and done that!

I am currently talking with Silsvee who lives in the area about the conditions.

Back