• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wanted: Bags/Magnetic tank bag for GPS

cWj

Reaction score
First Name
mynameisnotslimshady
Hello, folks.

I'm pretty close to buying some Motocentric bags that Motorcycle Superstore has on closeout, but wanted to see if anybody had any they'd like to part with first. Considering tail or saddle bags for the B1250, but particularly interested in a magnetic tank bag with a window that I can use the cellphone as a GPS with.

If you've got something, please post up.

cheers,

cwj

I've got some really clean cortech stuff..... only used them a few times.

Sport saddlebags, sport tail bag, and a larger tail bag. I have the mini tank bag that I'm going to keep. Let me look tonight and see if I have another tank bag.

$200 for the saddlebags and both tail bags.

Photo/models?

For some reason I can't get pix to upload. I'll pm you my number. Text me and I'll send the pix.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 108
Before you spend the $$$ to go that route, I'll just offer some experience. I tried the business of putting a GPS - a real one, larger screen & easier to read - in the window of a tank bag. I ran into two problems:
1) I had to look far too sharply down in order to see it. And,
2) I couldn't see it anyway. There was always too much glare. Always.
Other peoples' experiences may vary.

Handlebar mounts for cell phones are cheap - as low as $10. They're easy to look at, easy to angle, and easy for you to adjust the glare by moving your head slightly. Just a thought.

Before you spend the $$$ to go that route, I'll just offer some experience. I tried the business of putting a GPS - a real one, larger screen & easier to read - in the window of a tank bag. I ran into two problems:
1) I had to look far too sharply down in order to see it. And,
2) I couldn't see it anyway. There was always too much glare. Always.
Other peoples' experiences may vary.

Handlebar mounts for cell phones are cheap - as low as $10. They're easy to look at, easy to angle, and easy for you to adjust the glare by moving your head slightly. Just a thought.

I would agree with tshelfer. Another issue I ran into was overheating of the IPhone in the summer. That said, I just bought the Motocentric stuff for the new Interceptor and quality for the price is pretty good.

And that phone is gonna get awful hot, especially in the summer.

Drats, beaten to the punch

Last edited:
I would agree with tshelfer. Another issue I ran into was overheating of the IPhone in the summer. That said, I just bought the Motocentric stuff for the new Interceptor and quality for the price is pretty good.

In fact, I took a buddy for a long ride in August. He did the cell-phone-in-tank-bag thing. It got so hot it shut down.

I used a Phoenix mount with my cellphone on my last bike. The glare problem manifested then, too.

I'm thinking about a bag like this that tilts the GPS pocket up. It may be too small, but I will likely use a smaller phone with no SIM as a GPS tethered to my phone with service.

I have experienced phones getting hot and shutting off, but I can find a way around that.

Back